“beware”

Ranked #176 of 463 Restaurants in York
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Wait staff tried but just couldn't keep up. Apparantly management has a skeleton staff working and we overwhelmed them. Waitress was apologetic but it wasn't her fault. Kitchen staff was mediochre and our appetizer arrived after our meal.
My entree was burnt outside and raw inside. Waitress took that off the check but seems like this place could you use a better manager and kitchen team.

1  Thank wgarider

Reviewed March 29, 2012

When we first arrived there was no one working in the dining room. We waited by the front for 5 minutes before finally going over to the bar to get someone to help us. Went for hard shell crabs. Got the medium sized ones which had very little meat and some of the meat was brown. They were not fresh at all. Ordered coconut shrimp which were just fried shrimp - the coconut was not a component. Also ordered a stuffed baked potato which was still cold inside when I cut into it. I'm not a difficult person to please as far as food is concerned - I love cheap bar food just as much as I love an expensive cut of steak, but this was the WORST $50 I've ever spent. I've never written a review for a restaurant before, but I felt people needed to be warned.

3  Thank Erin H
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This is a local tavern that is known for hard-shell crabs and crab cakes. Preparing filet and steaks does not seem to be their strong point. I would stick to seafood at this place.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were very disappointed in Kelly's tonight. The crabs seemed to have been reheated from another time. They weren't especially hot and seemed mushy like they were reheated. The crab soup and seafood chowder were good. This is the first time we were disappointed in their hard shelled crabs

Reviewed June 18, 2011

I had a small party and had some hard crabs there. They were very good size and the price could not be beat in the York area. Most crab places are WAY overpriced in York. Not Kellys. A fair price for a fair size. Unless you go to Baltimore there is no better place around. I live in the York area and know this to be fact. I was never a Kellys fan but I have been converted because of their crabs. Not so much with the regular food though. They will also season them any way you request, which is really nice as their regular season is not very spicy/hot enough for me and are too bland. Ask to have black pepper added to the season and it will make all the difference.

1  Thank bigbit

Been to Kelly's Inn? Share your experiences!