“Food Quality Hits Rock Bottom”

Isaac's Deli Incorporated
Ranked #92 of 463 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed November 23, 2012

It had been quite a while since I had eaten at this Isaac's but we were in a hurry one evening and thought we would give it a try because it had always been at least decent in the past.

The service was fine but the food was TERRIBLE. I ordered coffee as my beverage and I need to tell you that I had better coffee from a canteen cup over a heat tab in Vietnam. I ordered the cup of soup (Tomato Something) and a half sandwich. The soup tasted like it was a week old and the sandwich was definitely a week old. The sauce had soaked through the bottom of the bread and it just fell apart. I don't normally complain about food to the wait staff and I did not complain about the food this time but when the waitress came to ask if I wanted more coffee I did complain about the coffee and she offered to give me more. I declined and she did not charge me for it. Should have complained about the food also but that is not like me. I will just avoid it in the future.

Another thing I did not care for is the waitress pushing us to buy gift cards and to upgrade our meal. When I go out to eat, I just want to order and enjoy my meal. It is not an event for a sales pitch. I realize the young lady was only doing what she is told to do and that it is management who pushes the extras. Might have just been a bad night but I will not visit this Isaac's again.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Our kids are 11, 8 and 5 and this is perfect for us. Fun experience, food/sandwiches we can all enjoy. Friendly service.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

i had their buffalo chicken on pretzel bread. i liked it. it's not a huge portion, but a good lunch size

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The sandwiches are delicious and the restaurant is very kid friendly. They have little snack packs of gold fish for the kids and the kids get dessert with their meal. Ask to sit near the fish tank to keep the kids entertained.