“Excellent experience”

Victor's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Victor's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 487 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mt. Rose Ave / Prospect St
Description: A neighborhood staple for more than 33 years, Victor’s has evolved into the perfect reflection of an Italian Trattoria. Though the quality of the food, thoughtfulness of the service, and the caliber of wines, beers, and cocktails offered may hint at a more upscale Ristorante, Victor’s remains a cozy neighborhood spot, perfect for all occasions. Executive Chef George Sheffer’s menu changes with the season and highlights local products when possible. Come and enjoy stuzzichini (snacks) at the bar with a pint from a local brewer or pair any of our more than 100 wines (over 1/3 of Italian varietals) on our wine list with Chef’s Prezzo Fisso menu.
Reviewed March 31, 2016

We founded the food to be delicious, well prepared, and served very nicely. The staff was particularly friendly, and the service was attentive without being overly done. The warm bread with olive oil dip was a very nice touch. I had the sausage and shrimp, which was delightfully flavorful. My wife had the egg plant Parmesan, which was extrodinary. The portions size was just right, not too much, and not too little. This restaurant is a definite gem.

Reviewed March 23, 2016

Food was good, service good as well with a minor blip.

Only complaint is the house red wine in the carafe was, um, terrible. Buy the $30 Chianti bottle, it is 10 times better for an extra 5 bucks. Please, for the sake of all wine drinkers... switch out that house wine with something else that's drinkable!!

Reviewed March 16, 2016

My company takes the girls in the office out every year & this was our choice & what a great choice. The food was wonderful & very cool atmosphere with great service. Definitely looking forward to going here with my husband. It is a little on the pricey side so this will be for a special occasion, but I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed March 14, 2016

Kudos to the staff for doing their best to try and convince us to return and give them a second chance, by not charging for part of the meal or even accepting our tip - but the bland food spoke volumes. The food was presented well, but had no flavor. For instance, my appetizer was a grilled Portobello topped with crab, roasted red peppers and fresh mozzarella. I tasted the mushroom and the crab, but it was all watered down - appearing to be a result of either poorly drained frozen crab and/or jarred roasted red peppers. Would it really be that difficult to freshly roast red peppers? The flavor would have been wonderful, let alone authentic. My entre was Veal Cordon Bleu - described as "roulade of veal stuffed with provolone and prosciutto in a porcini mushroom infused demi-glaze." Again, it was flavorless. My husband also tried it, and agreed it seemed to lack any seasoning whatsoever. I couldn't even distinguish the provolone or prosciutto. The mashed potatoes were good and the vegetables, crisp - but I didn't order potatoes. My husband did enjoy the Scallop Risotto, but aside from the sausage he asked to add to his entre, he said the Victor's Sauté overwhelming tasted of salt, especially the olives. My husband and I, both of European decent, grew up on the so-called "Mediterranean Diet." Fresh, local ingredients complemented with the right herbs make the dish come alive on the palate. That's the recipe for a delicious meal and a return customer.

VixOwner, Owner at Victor's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2016

We are sorry that you did not have a great experience when you dined with us. We are in this business to offer a great place to have delicious food and an overall wonderful dining experience. In your review, you mentioned that our staff attempted to correct your less than adequate experience to no avail and that is unfortunate. All of our dishes are cooked to order, using fresh, excellent quality ingredients and that does set us apart from many other eateries. We ask that you consider giving us another try as we are certain you will have great meals on your return.

Reviewed February 28, 2016

We had not been to Victor's in 10 years. A chef's special was not so special back then and we never returned until last night. We have a tendency to cross restaurants off the list when we have a bad meal.

Some friends of ours selected the restaurant and drove, so we had no choice but to go. Much to our surprise, the service was impeccable and the food even better. I had the Beet Salad and Chicken Parmesan, which was excellent. My wife had the shrimp wrapped in prosciutto and the Winter Gnocchi. Our friends had the Chef's special with pork tenderloin, which looked great and were confirmed as outstanding dishes.

We had the Lava Cake for dessert with coffee.

Truly as fantastic dining experience, with excellent customer service.

We will be back.

Been to Victor's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!