“Great little Italian place off the beaten path”

Bel Paese Italian Ristorante
Ranked #45 of 460 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had a very good meal at a reasonable price.although the restaurant was quite crowded on a Saturday night, we were seated within 20 minutes without reservations.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Atmosphere is nice, service was excellent. As pointed out in other reviews, the prices would suggest a higher quality of cuisine. We took my inlaws there for lunch and expected to be "wowed" (not an unrealistic expectation, given the prices). Just didn't happen. Decent, yes, but frankly expected more. My wife had eggplant parmigiana and reported that the eggplant itself was very mushy. I had the whole what penne vegetarian; nothing spectacular. In an Italian restaurant, the sauce can make or break the meal. Nothing special about the sauce here. Lunch for four set me back around $90. For that, the lunch should have been memorable. Simply wasn't.

2  Thank Steven R
Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you're looking for great italian food, this is the place. Recommended by the desk clerk at our hotel when other restaurants were closed, this is a gem. The service was excellent, the food was delicious. They have an extensive wine list and dessert menu. Not cheap however. Dinner with a bottle of wine,no dessert ran $100. Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Searched under trip advisor for pizza places and this came up. My son wanted pizza, myself pasta, and it was close to our hotel. When we got to the restraunt we were quickly seated and receie Ed good service, but there was no pizza on the menu. The pasta dishes were way overpriced and that's all you got was pasta no salad or veggie on the side. They a small serving of bread, and asked if wanted oil to dip it in, was expecting a seasoned olive oil but she just dumped plain olive oil on our plates. If I'm ever in York pa again, I won't be back. And trip advisor is way of with an average pice of 12$ more like 17$. For me And my son the bill was 30$ all we had was ravioli and drank water. Disappointed.

1  Thank Soccermom1949
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Found Bel Paese from info in Hotel, Was In York for Train collectors Meet( brings 14,000 to 16000 people to town) Resturant was busy but was seated quickly. Service was excellent even though very busy. All aspects of meal were very good. Had Veal Volare and enjoyed it very much. Will be returning next time in York!

Been to Bel Paese Italian Ristorante? Share your experiences!