“Don't Judge a Book by its cover for sure”

Coomb's Incorporated
Ranked #63 of 445 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Carlisle, PA
“Don't Judge a Book by its cover for sure”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not a fancy place, kind of off the beaten path, but food was a pleasant surprise. Waitstaff very friendly and courteous. Went with party of 5 for lunch and all our food was good and the desserts were yummy. They are known for their steaks and crab cakes. Table beside us ordered a steak and it was huge, and customer seemed very happy with it, I plan on going back to have one myself. Nice artwork on walls, cozy neighborhood bar/restaurant, but does have a back dining area for those who don't want in the front bar area. Would take my children there without hesitation. Prices were reasonable.

• Visited April 2013

Madison
“Best Part of our Trip”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I travel once or twice a year to an event near York, and sometimes pass through the area on my way to points East. I always make time for at least one dinner at Coomb's Tavern. The food has been excellent each time I've been there. If it is a week night, I enjoy sitting at the bar to eat, but have brought friends to show off what a great place I found, and have also sat at tables in the dining room. The filet mignon has never failed to be cooked exactly right, and is always tender and YUM. On our last visit, a friend had the lobster special and it was REALLY good. I looked over the other reviews and was surprised to see negative comments - I have always had good food, good service and a good time on my 10-12 visits here.

• Visited March 2013
Mount Joy
“DINNER OUT!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have been to this restaurant numerous times and always had a great experience. We took another couple for their first time Sat night. The food was terrible. We both had the Queen cut and it was tough and fatty....the service was horrible. Our server could have cared less if we were there and showed it, had to ask for everything......then argued with us about how the menu read about sides......won't go back.

• Visited March 2013
Plainsboro, New Jersey
“Don't Judge a Book by its Cover”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

From the street, this looks like a small local gin mill. Inside is actually a fun little restaurant with a good chef, nice staff and good food. The prime rib is well known but the specials can be terrific. I had a crab/lobster cake my last time here which was great and priced fairly.

The place will always hold sentimental value to me as my late father's local haunt but once you get past the no frills decor you will definitely get a good meal at a fair price.

“Excellent!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The best restaurant. Nice place to eat a meal we love it the servers could be a little better but the food is amazing