“Fabulous time at the Roosevelt Tavern”
Review of Roosevelt Tavern

Roosevelt Tavern
Ranked #26 of 445 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
York, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous time at the Roosevelt Tavern”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Had dinner at the Roosevelt Tavern last night and it was excellent. Had great service and wonderful food. I have many dietary restrictions like no gluten, no dairy, no eggs and they still created a wonderful tasty entree. Everyone in the party enjoyed their appetizers, soups, entrees and drinks also. The band was great and saw so many friends there. ill definitely go back for another fun night.

• Visited May 2012

York, Pennsylvania
“Wow....Huge improvement in all aspects in one month's time!”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My wife and I, along with another couple, had an unfortunate experience about a month after the restaurant reopened. The quality of the service, as well as the food was not good. I left a detailed critique with the manager, who was genuinely thankful for the feedback. My wife and I came last weekend (about a month later) and we were amazed at the turnaround. The servers were, for the most part, very attentive and professional. The food was excellent---both from a taste as well as a presentation perspective. We will DEFINITELY go back for an encore!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Bob W
byron k, Owner at Roosevelt Tavern, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for coming back to see us. We are glad you had a nice experience and hope to see you back soon.
York, PA
“Very Disappointed - so many better places in York”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Based upon friends having a nice lunch at The Roosevelt Tavern a few weeks previous, six of us made dinner reservations for the Valentine's Dinner on Saturday, Feb 12, 2012. There was a limited menu for the night at $39 per person. Everyone ordered the filet mignon and three of us added a lobster tail for another $11.

The filets were marginal at best (I've enjoyed better sirloins at chain restaurants), not warm, and the lobster tail was also cold and very tough (overdone). Vegetables were undercooked and strange. Service was just okay and we commented to our server who said she would tell the owner and chef. No one came to our table and we never saw the owner again after the initial seating by him. We had been to this restaurant previous to recent change of ownership and had always experienced nice meals.

We did not want to cause a scene, so we simply paid (overpaid!) and left. I sent an email to the owner , who responded and was apologetic. He said he would be in touch by phone to me soon - that was almost two weeks ago.

My wife and I will not be returning to The Roosevelt Tavern and I doubt the other two couples will either.

All of us are or were were small business owners and we know what customer service and quality should be. I gave the owner an opportunity to try to repair the damage done by our expensive and less than satisfying experience. He failed to follow up. Shame on him!

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank brownbubba
York, PA
“Nice atmosphere, but a bit dated.”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We enjoyed the food and the menu selections. The atmos phere was good, but a bit dated.

Visited February 2012
York, Pennsylvania
“Under new management, lunch was good”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I was a part of a party of 8 for lunch. The day we were there it was not packed but busy. Service was good, food was hot, wait staff checked back frequently enough to make sure all was well but not to the point of distraction. The food as the Roosevelt has in my opinion been good , somethings a tad overpriced but always good. The atmosphere is nice. There has been a restaurant at this location for more than 40 years. Parking is convenient, I would go back again

• Visited January 2012
byron k, Owner at Roosevelt Tavern, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback we are glad you had a nice experience and we hope we have the opportunity to serve you again soon. Thank you, RT

Been to Roosevelt Tavern? Share your experiences!