“Great food, Great service, Great atmosphere!!!!!”
Review of Roosevelt Tavern

Roosevelt Tavern
Ranked #26 of 445 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
york, pa
“Great food, Great service, Great atmosphere!!!!!”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

After opening on December 1, my family and I dined here. There were a few minor glitches but I am sure that they were not expecting the response that they received. The new menu is amazing. My husband has deemed their burger to be the best that he has ever tasted and has brought friends in who definitely feel the same. My daughter says the crab soup is "Amazing" and the scallops are out of this world. All in all everything is an improvement. Anyone who hasn't been there since the opening should return and will find that not only will they eat everything on their plate, they will also EAT THEIR WORDS!!!!! Great Job!!!!

• Visited December 2011

York, Pennsylvania
“Good food, cozy atmosphere, nothing surpizing or terribly adventurous.”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I like the varied menu, descriptions of ingredients and mention of food providers. Why isn't there a vegetarian meal? Waitstaff was competent, though I was taken aback when she dumped the "backwash" from my first glass of wine into the second, fresh glass of wine! I hope her trainee doesn't copy that move!

Please, get new placemats. Those faded, wrinkled brown ones are so sad.

An appetizer and salad (and rolls w/ butter) was plenty as a meal for me (female).

This is a safe place to take your in-laws or out-of-town guests who have conservative tastes.

• Visited December 2011
PA
“Dont go.....”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

This restaurant just reopened for business last night 12/2/11. We had a party of 8 and they couldn't handle it. We were there for 3 hours. It took 45 minutes to bring our first drink, we should have just gotten up and left. 1 out of 8 liked their meal, which took over 2 hours to be serviced. I think after the first hour a manager should have come out to explain what the hold up was. At one point we had no drinks, no rolls, and empty water glasses on the table for over 30 minutes. If the food was good it would have made up for the poor service. But, the food wasn't even that good. Go somewhere else in York like Left Bank or Blue Moon.

York, PA
“Plan on a long wait.”
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Four of us went to dinner at the Roosevelt Tavern tonight. We were seated at 6:30, ordered drinks and appetizers which came out in a reasonable time. Then we ordered dinner which took till 8:15 to come out. The waitress was great and kept apologizing for the wait. The food was just ok. None of us at the table were impressed by the food. When we asked the waitress if there was anything they would do for us, she asked the manager to stop by our table. The manager was no help. I told her the issue and how long it took, her reponse was "do you not go out often?" " It's take this long anywhere you go". She said they would do nothing for us and the reason is because they make everything from scratch unlike every other place and she claimed that all other places microwave their food. I was completely annoyed with how unprofessional she was. I'll never go back.

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank mytoytrd
york, pa
“classic American food cooked perfectly.”
Reviewed September 25, 2010

i took my wife here for our anniversary, I haven't eaten here for about 10 years, and fortunately nothing has changed. the cream of crab soup is the BEST you will ever have. i had the steak cheasapeake. My 8 oz filet could not have been cooked any more perfectly. everything on their menu is simple, but excellent. the service was super friendly and professional, thanks sean and lori!

Been to Roosevelt Tavern? Share your experiences!