“Skip this Joint”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2014

When we walked in, it was dark & dingy. We had heard good things, so we ordered our food. The food came, and we had a problem with the pulled pork sandwich. We showed it to the waitress, who agreed with us and took it back to the kitchen, only to come straight back saying that the manager said that there's nothing they could do for us. The waitress was apologetic, but ended up with a bad meal, and they would not make it right. Normally, I expect restaurants to make things right for their customers. If they make a mistake, fix it. Don't stick the customer with a bad meal. But they have a different customer service philosophy. If you go to this place, don't expect them to stand behind their food.

6  Thank John S
There are newer reviews for Embers Steakhouse & Seafood

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Looks like I'm making a habit of trying new places on special days. My daughter and I treated Mama out to lunch here on Mother's Day. As you can imagine there was a lot of people here for lunch during Mothers Day, yet they found us a nice booth right away. Friendly greeting and smiles and our server was nice and checked in on us just the right amount of times and was friendly.
The food was excellent and the price was fair.
My wife ordered a 16oz Porter House Steak. I ordered the Veal Picatta, and my daughter had the Chicken Alfredo. No room for dessert. We had left overs to bring home. Each dish was excellent!

1  Thank dextersadventures
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had never been here before. Me and my family went here for dinner and it started off pretty pleasant. The decor needs updating, overall not an appealing place. Seats were torn in the booth. Servers seemed pretty great. Food was not good at all, mashed potatoes were disgusting. Food didn't seem fresh at all like it was microwaved. Manager seemed to really lack any real managerial experience. Overall I would not dare come here again, nor would I ever recommend it to anyone. You would be better off going elsewhere.

8  Thank Mariaftm
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Recently in York for a family function, our party of 12, desirous as always of enjoying the crab cakes for which the area is justly famous, descended, with a prior reservation, of course, on the Embers, where several of us had eaten before. While I cannot speak to the rest of the menu, I can confirm that the broiled crab cakes were fabulous and guaranteed future visits. The service was prompt, courteous, and attentive, without, however, being intrusive. I must also mention that the martinis were among the very best we have ever had. If you enjoy crab cakes--and I obviously do not mean the abominations containing deviled crab meat--then I highly recommend the Embers. Also--Besides the excellent martinis, the Embers offers a surpassingly wide variety of craft beers on tap or bottled. The five-star rating reflects our thorough enjoyment of what, no longer living in York, we so rarely enjoy--excellent, lump meat crab cakes. Not a gourmet meal, but worth five stars to us!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

If there is a better burger in York, I'd love to know where!
Huge (3/4lb), fresh not processed and nearly endless hand cut fries for only $8.95.
And dessert was Baklava...unbelievable!

5  Thank Mrguy18