“Hoss's is awesome!”

Hoss's Steak & Sea House
Ranked #184 of 452 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entrees. All cooked to order! Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms.
York, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hoss's is awesome!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My family and i went to hoss's. All you had to say what kind of drink.If you want to get a salad.

Then you can get soup and dessert.My favorite thing to eat is chichen noodles.

I LOVE HOSS'S.

Visited December 2013

West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Always good”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Large choice on the salad and dessert bar. Like to eat at the booths tucked away; makes for a private place to eat and enjoy the evening. There's a GREAT waitress there named Kelly that really serves her customers well.

Visited October 2013
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our York location. We hope all of crew members treat you as well as Kelly does. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
York, Pennsylvania
“Salad Bar is a Good Bet”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The salad bar is so varied, that my wife and I never feel compelled to buy a sandwich to go with it. If you get the salad bar for lunch, plan on a cup of soup for supper.

Visited October 2013
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Your feedback and patronage at our York location is greatly appreciated. We strive to have the freshest salad bar in the business. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you and your wife again soon.
York, PA
“Blah and tasteless”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Their steak is tasteless. Their salad too. Just blah! Even their garlic bread isn't that great. I've had so much better for the same price.

Visited July 2012
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our York location. We are very sorry to hear that you were not impressed with your last visit. We strive to provide great food and service at a reasonable price to all of our guests and unfortunately we fell short in proving that to you. Your feedback is appreciated and we hope you will try Hoss's again in the future.
York, PA
“Lunch salad bar is excellent”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The salad bar at Hoss's is well known in York as being one of, if not the, best around. The selection of salad items as well as the hot breads, soups, and desserts is excellent. I rarely get a meal when I come here, just the salad bar and I leave full every time.

I usually go when they have the 4.99 lunch special, otherwise you can drop 10.00 on yourself for lunch and not even realize it. That may not seem like much but for budget conscious people like me I try to stick to places that run special's like this, to save a few bucks.

If you do get dinner it's pretty fairly priced but the portions are not quite what you'd expect. The steaks never seem as big as you'd think and the baked potatoes are more like "potatoettes" most of the time.

The food is decent although not over the top amazing. Like I said I mainly get the salad bar for lunch or dinner and that never disappoints.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Alex H
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank your for writing a review for our York location. We take great pride in our salad bar and are pleased that it meets your expectations. Your feedback and patronage is greatly appreciated and we hope to serve you again in the future.