“Lunch salad bar is excellent”

Hoss's Steak & Sea House
Ranked #197 of 455 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entrees. All cooked to order! Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The salad bar at Hoss's is well known in York as being one of, if not the, best around. The selection of salad items as well as the hot breads, soups, and desserts is excellent. I rarely get a meal when I come here, just the salad bar and I leave full every time.

I usually go when they have the 4.99 lunch special, otherwise you can drop 10.00 on yourself for lunch and not even realize it. That may not seem like much but for budget conscious people like me I try to stick to places that run special's like this, to save a few bucks.

If you do get dinner it's pretty fairly priced but the portions are not quite what you'd expect. The steaks never seem as big as you'd think and the baked potatoes are more like "potatoettes" most of the time.

The food is decent although not over the top amazing. Like I said I mainly get the salad bar for lunch or dinner and that never disappoints.

1  Thank Alex H
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank your for writing a review for our York location. We take great pride in our salad bar and are pleased that it meets your expectations. Your feedback and patronage is greatly appreciated and we hope to serve you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hoss's Steak & Sea House

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have eaten here a number of times , typically as part of a group. The buffet is nice but by no means special. Typical salad bar , some fruit , a few side dishes like soup , breads , macaroni and desserts.

The ordered dinners are good. Meat is properly done and hot. They just seem to skimp a little in the salad bar. You do get what you pay for here so I am not complaining.

1  Thank campinguy16
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our York location. We are continuely seeking ways to improve and appreciate your feedback. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had the luck to visit this Hoss's a few weeks ago prior to our visit to Rocky Ridge County Park's "Festival Of The Lights" Display.. The service was prompt and caring. My broiled scallops and shrimp were on the money.. the accompanying steak tender and medium rare but not over seasoned, nor beaten into submission.. Meatloaf was good and quickly disappeared off the plate, even the stuffing was no match . Salad bar was well stocked and looked great.. Tasted even better. The soups were hot and had plenty of substance. the chicken noodle was fantastic and my girlfriend like the pasta bean as well... Topped it all off with a bit of ice milk, and a few small brownies.. We've found Hoss's to be continually on par where ever we end up.. for $40 bucks a couple can't get a better mixed buffet meal.

1  Thank HYKYRJOE

Been to Hoss's Steak & Sea House? Share your experiences!