“Nice place for year round crabs in York”

Jeff's Got Crabs & Seafood
Ranked #207 of 456 Restaurants in York
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Casual Family appropriate dining, Seafood, Crabs Year Round, and Land Selections. BYOB
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have been here twice. I love that you can get all you can eat Blue and King crabs together if you want. I live very close and am glad that this place turned from being a crappy pizza shop to an excellent seafood place. I have not tried the other dishes, but I am hoping for the best. It is just starting so I will give it some time to get staffing and decor straight. As long as the crabs are fresh, hot, and plentiful; I will probably be satisfied though.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I came with my family Saturday hoping to find a seafood place that had a variety of items on their menu that made everyone happy (I have picky eaters)... I was pleasantly surprised! They had not only crabs, but also oysters, clams, scallops, gumbo, snow crab legs, and steak...in addition to a kids menu for my girls. We were offered 2 free drinks to start. I ordered the Chicken Chesapeake and my husband ordered the Crab Cakes. When our food arrived the chicken was moist and the lump crab was piled high on top. The crab cakes didn't seem to have any breading...full of lump crab meat. The server was attentive and took care of my family. The decor could certainly use more pizazz...but as a business owner myself i realize the owner is just getting started. We will be returning!

jeffreyj151, Owner at Jeff's Got Crabs & Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thanks for providing this review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our restaurant. I am personally very proud of those crab cakes! Glad that you enjoyed them, and again Thank You for coming in!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had the onion rings and the jumbo fried shrimp. The food was really good. I will be getting both of them again. The service was great and the price was right. This is also the third time that I was here and haven't been disappointed. I would recommend to anyone to come and eat.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went here on a Friday night to kick off their grand opening/full dinner menu. Thank goodness we had a buy one, get one 1/2 off coupon. This place is in an old pizza place and it is not very visually appealing - at all. The menu was very fancy as were the prices. Think $22 - $32 for a "meal". Now, you did get a nice loaf of bread, unfortunately bag salad, and very tiny portions of seafood. It was us and another couple ordering food at the same time and it took 45 - 50 min to get our food. I can't imagine if they were really busy. You do get 2 free bottles of beer or wine so I guess that would offset some of the cost of the food (if you actually wanted it, which I didn't). They actually had beer battered onion rings as an appetizer and a side dish. I watched them in the kitchen - they pulled them out of a frozen bag. You'd think if they were making them a full appetizer, they'd actually hand batter them. As far as the taste of the food, it was okay, but sadly, I wanted a lot more for the price and the wait. We won't go back here again. Too bad, another strike out for York in the seafood market.

Thank You for your review! Since you were in we have made several changes to the facility to improve the overall atmosphere. As with any restaurant on their opening night, one might expect some opportunities to improve to be evident. And improve in many ways we have done! I am somewhat confused about some of the feedback you provided, seems rather hurtful in it's intention? Regardless we will continue to strive to provide the best seafood/dining experience possible and will use reviews and comments for our many new and repeat customers as guidance on our progress and direction. Maybe you should pay us a visit again!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Crabs were NOT extra large as we ordered. The largest crab in our bag was 6 and a half inches! Most were 6 and under. We felt we were ripped off for using double take deals because they called us back and asked if we planned on using the certificates. We probably only got 50 dollars worth of crabs, which how much we paid them. Instead of the $100 dollars we should have got. Will not be going back there at all. Many other great places for crabs. To top it off, even one of the crabs were bad with a horrible odor. MY TIP: if you order from here DO NOT tell them you plan on using any coupon or double take deal. Just tell them your paying for it and it's covered.