Heritage Hills Golf Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed October 2, 2007

My wife and I booked a suite and the Romantic Getaway package for a weekend in September. First the pluses: check-in was quick and pleasant. The room was ready when we arrived (after 6pm). We booked the suite for the whirlpool. That feature was great! The golf shop (personnel) and driving range were both good; with the exception of the mats being a bit hard. Dinner was great at the Ironwoods; service was quick and very good. The food was also of high quality and prepared as requested. Now the minuses: the walls of the room had to be paper thin. We could hear everything in all adjoining rooms. Every cycle of the ice machine down the hall could be clearly heard. Plumbing was noisy. The buffet breakfast the next morning was average; however the waitress appeared overworked and stressed as it showed in her attitude. An employee looking to eat breakfast was spurned by the wait staff as "we're too busy now." This was done in front of myself. Very unprofessional. I felt sorry for the guy.

If you can put up with the thin walls and the accompanying noise, you should enjoy your stay here. The price was within reason and services outside of the room were satisfactory.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Joe F

Reviewed August 27, 2006

My wife and I planned an impromptu get away in York. We were planning a day trip for a brief family visit and decided to take advantage of the trip and spend the night. We know the York area and had seen the Heritage Hills website so we decided to try out their Romantic Getaway package. The package included a night's stay in deluxe accommodations, champagne, in room dinner & breakfast & a treat from the chef. We walked into our "Deluxe" room to find a small room with old furniture, 1 table & 2 chairs (no place to eat) and a whirlpool tub stuck in the corner with a set of plastic steps that look like they came from Wal-Mart. The closet did not have doors and the furniture looked like it came from a yard sale. We immediately checked out. We did not spend the night as it was not worth the $300 they wanted for the package. No comments on the food as we did not stay longer enough to find out. However, the room was horrible. It was like being in a cheap motel. We did end up staying at the Yorktowne for half the price and had a beautiful suite. Bottom line: When in York, stay at the Yorktowne.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
7  Thank bigdadgolfer
Washington, DC
Reviewed December 8, 2004

Hello,

Just wanted to share a very pleasant experience regarding my golf getaway at Heritage Hills.

My friends and I get away every year for a golf retreat. We have done so faithfully since college graduation 10 years ago. Since this is something we do but once a year our choice of resort is very important to us all. We chose Heritage Hills based on the recommendation of a family member living in York. According to him this is the only place to go in the South Central Pennsylvania area.

A few in our group were sceptical as we generally pick "big name" resort locations such as Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach etc. But we thought it worth a try based in part on the recommendation, short drive and great package prices.

Let me just say that we had one of the best trips ever. We could not believe the overall condition of the course for the price. It was challenging enough to keep our scratch players happy, but not so rough on our hackers to make them go home early. All the guys absolutely loved the GPS, a great thing for a course we have all never played. The greens were manicured and lightning fast. The fairways and tee boxes exactly as they should be. This will not be our last trip to Heritage Hills.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 16, 2004

I should have believed the other reviews. Tried to checked in at 12 noon on my way to Hershey--front desk manager was rude, dis-interested, and did not know when my room would be ready. When I asked on what side of the building and what floor I was going to be on-she became very indignant. Advised her that I would prefer to be on the side facing the golf course rather than the run-down house across the street--she couldn,t guarantee me that she could do that. Returned at 9:00pm and no I was not facing the golf course. On two of the three nights I stayed, I had to request the front desk to send a security person to the floor to stop the yelling and general chaos created by young boys and girls who with their families were attending a wedding. After approx 1.5 hours, at 11:30 pm it quieted down. Found out when I checked out, they do not have any security people, front desk personnel will respond to any problems.
Resturant and bar were good, at least the employees in these two locations were friendly. I have stayed at resort/golf/conference facilities all over the world--this location ranks on the very bottom.

12  Thank carmansoutheast
York, PA
Reviewed August 5, 2004

My husband and I wanted to send his parents on a romantic get away weekend for their birthdays, which are only a week apart. The idea was to surprise my mother-in-law by having a limo pick her up, take her to the spa where she would get a day of luxury, then my father-in-law was going to pick her up at the spa when her time was finished there and they would go to dinner at Windows on the Green, then stay in a suite overnight. When I called the spa, I talked to Pauline, who was a doll. She made all the arrangements for all the services I wanted my mother-in-law to have. However, the package we got her included lunch, but due to timing issues at the spa, she would not be able to have lunch there. So I asked them to throw in the limo for free or at a reduced cost. To make a long story short, we left messages and called for about a week to try to resolve this issue. Our calls were hardly ever returned and I spent so much time calling them, it was rediculous. Anyway, they refused to accomodate us in any way, so we cancelled our reservations. It wasn't about the money, it was about how rude they were, especially Garyl, the salon manager, and how unprofessional they were in their attitudes and how we had to do so much work in calling them every day because the wouldn't return our phone calls. So we sent my inlaws to Par Exsalonce Spa where my mother-in-law was treated like a queen and the Yorktowne Hotel for dinner at the Commonwealth room and a night in one of their suites. The service at both of these places was so excellent, it was like my inlaws didn't even have to tell them their wishes, they were already anticipated and promptly carried out. To say we were dissapointed in Heritage Hills is an understatement. But the best is yet to come...Even though we cancelled our reservations for the spa, dinner, and the hotel, my credit card was still charge for these services. I had to call 3 times before the charges were removed from my credit card.Heritage Hills is obviously not interested in customer service. And too bad for them...they lost the $600.00 we spent at Par Excalonce and the Yorktowne Hotel as well as future visits to their golf course, driving range, and dinner there. My husband golfed there quite a bit and we frequented the driving range alot over the summer. Not any more. Heritage Hills is certainly not my recommendation if you are looking for professionalism and to be treated well.

24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
York, PA
Reviewed May 2, 2004

On April 30, we were guests at a "Romantic Hide-a-way", and wish to comment on the experience. The overall experience was certainly not up to expectations, there are several details that need to be brought to your attention. We can not, at this point, recommend the resort to anyone else.

Check-in was no problem at all, amd the room was as expected. However, the champagne bucket, full of ice water, was not wrapped, condensation occured putting water all over the top of the furniture. The chocolate-covered strawberries were tasty, but must have been placed on the plate while still warm, as the chocolate stuck to the plate. I would assume that, one they were delivered, no one bothered to do a final check.

Rather than eat in the room, we obtained a voucher for the restaurant. We were disappointed that the $60 allocated did not cover the cost of our two entrees, much less any appetizers or dessert. Since we expected that our meal in the room would have included a full meal, it seemed unreasonable that the voucher did not. We expected to pay extra for drinks, that is not an issue.

The fitted sheet for the bed was too small, it would come loose everytime one of us would turn over. Early Saturday morning, I went down the elevator - someone had spilled something overnight and the floor was sticky. When I told the front desk, she said housekeeping would take care of it once they came in. This is not the way to run a resort, someone should have cared enough to clean it immediately.

The wait staff at Knicker's Pub is poorly trained. At 8:30 in the morning, many of the tables were not cleaned or set up. The woman setting our table placed the utensils by holding the eating end! You can be sure, after that, that had the gratuity not been included, we would have made a point in not giving one.

At Windows, the maitre'd, chef, and our server, were excellent, and the presentation superb. It is clear the restaurant is professionally run. It's really too bad the rest of the hotel staff fails to pay attention to the details that make the difference between just another hotel, and the first class one we expected.

Carl and Cheryl Huber
York PA 17402

• Stayed: April 2004
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dillsburg, Pa
Reviewed April 22, 2004

I was very disappointed with Heritage Hills as a place to have our conference. First the positive. The food was good and the people were nice. My attendees were for the most part satisfied. I had informed the people with whom I arranged this conference that many of our attendies were old and accessibility was important. Most of our meals were in a room which was completely handicapped inaccessable. It required us to assist people up a very long flight of stairs. It is my opinion that, for the entire three days of our conference, the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing. I was called away from my meeting to take care of problems that should not have even occured. This happened more times than for any previous conference except one. I was asked to sign invoices for services that were obviously wrong. I was told I must sign these in order to insure continued service, and that the proper adjustments would be made later. I requested audio visual equipment be provided to our meeting room, and it was, without any mention of a fee. I assumed there was a fee, and that it would be similar to fees previously paid at other places we held our conference. Imagine my supprise when I received a bill for service for this equipment which was more than what I would have paid if I went out and bought the equipment. Included in this fee was a service charge, which I was told by one of the staff was a gratuity. Interesting that I paid a gratuity on the middle day of our conference when nobody from the resort laid a finger on the stuff. We have since negotiated a lower fee but it is still, in my opinion,outrageous . Upon check-out , I was presented with a bill that I thought was around $1500.00 too much. The front desk person apologized, said she made a mistake, and presented me with a bill that I thought was around $1000.00 too little. Needless to say, I made no payment at that time, and have yet to receive a corected bill since I negotiated a lower fee for the audio-visual equipment. If this kind of aggravation is for you, make your reservation now for your conference. If not, it is my opinion that somewhere else would be more appropriate. It will be for me.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near York
Home2 Suites by Hilton York
Wingate by Wyndham York
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, York
Hampton Inn And Suites York South
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Hampton Inn York
Hampton Inn York
#3 of 26 in York

Been to Heritage Hills Golf Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!