“Enjoyable ”

Four Points by Sheraton York
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for one night and we had a very nice stay the rooms were very nice and comfortable. the front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful, the housekeeping staff were extremely courteous they asked me when I was checking out so they shouldn't bother me until then. in most hotels that I have stayed at this was just the opposite. I really appreciated that. We would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Amazin1
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton York, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear Amazin1,
We are very happy to hear you liked our hotel and had a comfortable experience while staying with us. It’s very important to our team that we best accommodate our guests’ needs, so it is our pleasure to serve you and your family. Thank you for your recommendation and review, and we hope to see you again very soon. All the best.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I had to book this hotel very quickly, as we were fleeing another "hotel" that had mice!! I booked it based on reviews and I was glad I did. The hotel was nice, it's updated and clean. It seemed more like a business hotel, but it does have a decent pool, which my daughter loved.

The room had a fridge and microwave, and a flat screen TV. The staff was very nice and the girl at the Front desk gave us a GREAT dinner recommendation.

The property needs to be weeded, it seems that they have let the landscaping go and the internet connection was useless, way too slow to do anything.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We were traveling with a team. The hotel staff was great. Shana was accommodating of all of our requests, including last minute changes! The rooms were clean and fairly newly renovated. All had a fridge (would have loved if it had a small freezer compartment) which was so convenient. Nice pool and patio area. Decent breakfast on the weekend mornings. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton York, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Kim M,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy we provided you and the team with accommodating service to make your stay easy, and are glad you liked our clean guest rooms, amenities, and services. Thanks again for sharing, and we hope your trip to York was a good one. Take care.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed at the Four Points York while touring Amish country and visiting Harrisburg. The hotel is just off I-83 with convenient highway access, but it is on the outskirts of York. There is a Starbucks down the street, but there's not much else very close by. It appeared that there have been some recent renovations, and the hotel was clean and comfortable, although very basic. Guest rooms were satisfactory and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was included, but it was VERY basic. The lady in the breakfast area was very pleasant, as were front desk staff. Overall, the hotel was average, just OK.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jamelp
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband, daughter, and I spent a night here while visiting Lancaster, and Hershey. We booked this through Hotwire so we didn't know where we staying until after we booked. I figured that it was a Sheraton so it would be nice and I was right.

We were able to call the hotel ahead and have a crib put in the room for us, which was done when we arrived. It was nice because it was actually a crib and not the traditional pack and play like we have gotten at other hotels. The only downfall was we did ask that the room be further away from other people so that if the baby did cry during the night that it would not disturb anyone, plus we play music for her to fall asleep so I was worried about other guests complaining. Thankfully, no one did. So not having the room far away from others was a mute point.

We went to the pool area, which was a decent sized pool. This was our little girls first time in a big pool, so we weren't sure how she would do. The water was actually not as cold as other hotels that I have stayed in. The only problem with the pool was some other guests were not as accommodating with trying to stay away from us and the baby and would jump in right where we were standing. Most people saw that we had her, they moved elsewhere in the pool(which is why the size of the pool was very nice) But that wasn't the hotels fault at all.

The room was great size! We were able to be very comfortable even with a crib in the room. They did give you a free bottle of water(and the tag on it even said free) which was helpful in making bottles or just to relax with. We had two double sized beds and even though they were a little bit small we made it work with the two of us sharing one bed. Lots of restaurants and other things to do nearby, made this hotel a great location.

The morning of check out they did have a hot breakfast in the hotel. It was a bit crowded(but it was a Sunday morning) but we made do. They had eggs, pancakes, yogurt, sausage, but no bacon. All in all with it being included in the price it was nice. The only problem we had was with seating, because when you had several different families in there, it got very crowded very quickly, but the staff did a great job of cleaning up tables when families left. I would stay here again for the night because it served the purpose and the price was right.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor do have a slight odor t0 them due to the pool also being on the second...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I strongly recommend the Four Points at York, PA if you plan to visit this place for your business. The hotel is well designed and just off the main road. The rooms are spacious, well equipped and is very comfortable. WiFi is provided and thats a big plus for business traveller such as me.
The restaurant below serves some good food and many choice of beers. Breakfast is also provided for a good start to the day.
The best part is the staff - they are very courteous and helpful - very knowledgeable about the local restaurants and recommended some fine choices around.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton York, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear nvenky,
We are very happy you had a great experience. Our team strives to create the best experience for our guests, and we are very happy you had a wonderful time while staying with us. Thank you for your review and recommendation, and we hope to see you again very soon. Warm regards.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed over for one night. Was not far from where I needed to be. Service was good but nothing special to it. Rooms are due for update. The size of the TV screens were small. Coffee offered by the hotel was nothing special, but there is a Starbucks across the street.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business