“Burger in a wrap”

Mudhook Brewing Company
Ranked #92 of 443 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“Burger in a wrap”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had the pleasurable opportunity to visit York, Pa and experience a couple of the local breweries. Mudhook Brewing Conmpany, located in the Central Market House, offered a 'The Mudhook Coffee Porter' that was both delicious, smooth and satisfying. Wonderful. If you like dark beer that is not heavy, as I do, this is one for you. The coffee flavor is obvious in the first drink but after that the rest of the flavors take over.
The menu was interesting because if you wanted a sandwich, you had a dozen combinations of creations to choose from. Then you had another decision of whether you wanted it all on a 1/2 lb hamburger, meatless burger, hefty hot dog, or grilled chicken breast. My choice was a Black & Blue hamburger. There was also an option of having it on a bun or wrap. I chose the wrap for something different. It was definitely a good choice. Loved it!
The service was alright, but I noticed a few people that felt forgotten. The atmosphere was great and the place was packed.
I would definitely go there my next visit to York, Pa.

• Visited March 2013

PA
“Terrible food, beer, and service”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I took advantage of York's restaurant week to try new restaurants. Tonight, Friday, was not only restaurant week, but also First Friday and there was a show and the Strand Theatre. But that's not an excuse for the abysmal experience we had. I was part of a party of three and when we arrived we were told we had a 20 minute wait. Well, that 20 minutes turned into 40 minutes. But while we were waiting, incomplete parties who had reservations were seated. Four people out of a party of six were seated, then two people of a party of four were seated at another table, and at a third table, two people of a party of four were seated. Twenty minutes later when we were seated, the incomplete parties were still waiting for the rest of the party to arrive. I thought it was poor that we had to wait 40 minutes while incomplete parties were seated and not ordering food or drinks. We order the fixed restaurant week menu and were told that the food was prepared and we could not make changes (such as I wanted no onions and no bread). The waitress was not attentive and did not keep the horrible beer coming. For a micorbrew, I was disappointed. The pale ale beer was so hoppy and bitter and the Irish red beer had a coffee after taste. But the kicker is that they ran out of beer by 8:00p. Who runs out of beer by 8:00p on a Friday night!?! We ordered the appetizers at 7:30 and by 8:00 we were asking if we were going to get our food anytime soon. It's typical bar food...sandwiches and finger food. Nothing too exciting but I have had great bar food. Unfortunately this was terrible bar food. The only good thing about our experience is that the desserts were cupcakes by a local bakery, Just Cupcakes, and they were delicious. My brother got the lava cake for dessert and it was an upside down chocolate cupcake with chocolate syrup on top. I think they missed the point of a LAVA cake. Two hours later we were walking out of the place. We were supposed to get $5 gift cards with our meals but we declined because we are never going back!

• Visited March 2013
York, Pennsylvania
“Know what to expect”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

They key to this place I believe is to know what to expect. This is a small eatery with a very basic menu. The seating is a combination of garage sale type chairs and tables. The service is very friendly and the prices are low. They tend to have local musicians for entertainment. If you are looking for a place to get together with friends for tasty yet inexpensive food, beer and music then this is a great place. It can get very loud when they have musicians but you need to just be in the plan of enjoying the loud "pub" style atmosphere. It actually seems to be very family friendly but maybe not for very young children.

Visited February 2013
“SERVICE”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The owner is very sociable and what a great guy. The beer is very good love the DUBBEL. the wings are good but make sure you ask them to be crispy. I love blue cheese but they have to make it home made. the bottle stuff is terriable. The place is done in very good taste. exspecislly the mug club that a local artists makes them by hand. love the shirts. I have one of course . Been here four times and will keep going. The only thing Is the menu is okay. the one cook in rhe kitchen. does nt care to much about the food he makes. They need to have someone cooking food that has there heart in it.

Long Pond, Pennsylvania
“Great name - below average menu”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I went to this establishment expecting a pretty exciting time, as I tend to enjoy going to breweries, especially while on vacation. We entered to a pretty cool environment ans sat at the bar. The brews were decent. However, the menu was weak. We ordered two appetizers, one was some kind of dip and the other was cheese fries. It took forever for them to come out. I almost feel like I am still waiting for the food to come out. It wasn't busy either. When they brought out the fries, they were covered in cheese wiz and were terrible. The other item was an artichoke dip that looked worse than store bought.

Final verdict - go for the beer, stay away from the food.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Mudhook Brewing Company? Share your experiences!