“Stayed for 1 night”

Holiday Inn Express York Southeast
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night in March for a youth sporting event in York. Check-in was quick, easy and friendly. Room was very clean. The hotel still smelled new:) We had a room with 2 queen beds and a sofa. It was quite spacious. The bathroom was also a decent size. complimentary breakfast was nice. We would definitely stay here again, if we needed a place in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BloominMcG

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is the worst H.I Express I have ever visited. One year new and,jacuzzi jets did not work, 1 computer in the business office did not work, ice machine on 2nd floor did not work, our room on the 2nd floor was FILTHY with moldy food and a dirty sock under the sofa bed ( I took pictures). There was an empty water bottle under one of the queen beds in the room as well.. Obviously this room was not properly cleaned.. Management offered us a different SMALLER room at the same price, They promised a discount and then went back on their word until I complained. Owner was rude, and accusatory. I assured the owner that I would let friends know of my horrid experience and encourage others to avoid this hotel at all costs. There are many other hotels in York, Pa that no customer should have to settle for such poor conditions for a new hotel or terrible customer service. Seems this place likes to offer lip service but is not reputable for their word. Finally the agreed to 1/2 off discount but I insisted to get it in writing and have them .sign the document. I do not trust them and I urge you not to trust this establishment. .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank auntiem611
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear auntiem611,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our property. I hope you will believe me when I say that your experience is not the norm in our hotel. We take great pride in keeping our amenities at tip top shape and we always aim to provide world class guest service to ensure comfort for all our guests. Your concern is definitely not up to our standards and we assure you that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you have encountered.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I travel a lot for work. I have stayed in many a HIE over the past ten years. This was hands-down the best HIE I have ever stayed in. Walking into my king size bed room I was immediately pleased. The room was a great size. It had a nice LCD TV w/ tons of HD channels, a mini-fridge and microwave. The bathroom was very large as well and looked great (except for the actual tub). The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever had at a HIE. Great, heavy pillows too!There is a nice swimming pool on the first floor and your standard fitness room consisting of a treadmill, a bike and an elliptical machine. You get the standard HIE breakfast. Nothing special but very good cinnamon rolls. The elevator was out when I arrived on Tuesday night, but by Wednesday morning when I woke up it was fixed. Great place to stay. Will be my new go-to HIE in the York/Lancaster area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EyeLoveFood
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed in the king jacuzzi suite for one night, and didn't want to leave! Seriously, the pictures do not do this place justice, its absolutely gorgeous! I've stayed in a couple other holiday inn expresses, and they were nice, but this was def the nicest. Room was across from the pool and right next to the lobby, which could have been loud had the hotel been crowded, but since I was only one of maybe 5 guests at the whole place, it was just incredibly convenient. The only complaint that I had was that the heater would occaisionally start getting really loud as it approached the temp that the thermostat was set to. Mentioned it to the front desk a couple of times, but they didn't seem to be able to fix it. I was worried that it would wake me while sleeping, but either it chilled out after I went to bed, or I just slept through it, because I didn't hear it once during the night.
The guy who was working at the front desk during check in and check out was great, showed what seems to be the holiday inn standard for customer care (very interested in making sure everything is right with your stay). The over the night front desk attendant was difficult to communicate with, english was not his first language and I was unsure at times whether he was understanding what I was saying.
I wish this place had frequent buyer discounts, because I definitely plan on returning.

Room Tip: If the hotel isn't busy, its very nice to be on the first floor near the lobby, then you can run...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cherryiice
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very nice property with clean, comfortable rooms. Good breakfast selection and friendly staff. Quality of room was consistent with other Holiday Inn Express properties which I appreciate...no surprises here! Breakfast area is spacious and provided a good place for my colleagues and I to meet before our client visit.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 3Ellisons
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights for my high school reunion in Hellam. Location was excellent to do things east of York. We ended up in the handicap room which was quite spacious. A new hotel is always good because you can be sure it is clean and fresh. The young man at the desk was helpful. Lobby/breakfast area decor was very nice. Light at the bathroom sink could have been a little better for putting on makeup. Glad to have lamps with electrical outlets for recharging cell phones and iPads. Overall, a very good stay and will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Silvertop_8
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I booked two rooms for two couples on their website on a Saturday afternoon, for $129.00 per room plus tax, which came to $149.00 per room. When we arrived two credit cards were produced for both rooms.

During the night an account was placed under our door that stating that our rate was now $149.00 per room and $169.00 including tax. I went and spoke to the clerk in the lobby and was able to produce a copy of the return email that I received from the hotel when originally booking, that gave specific charges and taxes of $149.00 in total. He agreed that a mistake was made when he saw a copy of my email. He also informed me that the manager wasn't in till 9.00am that morning, which was too late for us, but he assured us that it would be changed. I have checked my statement and there is very little if any difference. Just check your credit card balance when dealing with this particular hotel.
I have sent off a letter of complaint to this company and as expected I have heard nothing. We regularly travel the USA and will no longer use any hotel associated with Holiday Inn.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple