“Terrible Candy!”

Wolfgang Candy Company
Ranked #1 of 5 Food & Drink in York
More attraction details
Owner description: Because of the food safety restrictions, we can no longer offer tours through our production area. However we are able to provide a revised tour that includes a presentation of our history and a chocolate experience of how we make chocolate by hand and candy that cannot be made on a machine. You will see and learn how chocolate is tempered and how to make hollows. We also have a video available that shows plant production. Currently our chocolate experience is available Monday thru Thurs at 1pm however with larger groups we may be able to accommodate other times. Also, our Das Sweeten Haus retail store and museum are open most days. The Das Sweeten Haus museum features illustrations of old-time American candy craftsmen. You'll see many special display cases filled with wooden sugar molds, glass candy jars, and many other priceless antiques. You'll also see a video of the Wolfgang candy-making process ... Along with a complete history of the Wolfgang family who made their candy making dream come true in York, PA back in 1921.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We bought some candy that was had been sitting there for a while and thought about taking the tour until the young girl at the front window named Nicole was incredibly rude to our group. If that's the type of service people receive, then no wonder they went bankrupt. Never again will I buy the candy!

1  Thank Lynn277

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We took the Wolfgang Candy Company tour. We enjoyed the free tour, and received a candy treat at the end. Unfortunately, the production line was not staffed at the time of the tour, but our guide described what is normally taking place. Nice for a free tour.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great homemade chocolates and other candy treats at very reasonable prices. Tours are available by appointment on weekdays.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was a nice tour that we took while on a bus trip but be prepared for some walking outside the main building. Our tour guide was very informative and it was nice to see the process, but I was surprised that the chocolate is made elsewhere with their recipe and shipped back in liquid form. We were offered samples at the end of the tour and bought quite a bit of goodies in the gift shop, but unfortunately, not all the candy was fresh. I thought it was just me, but my husband noticed that one box of chocolates seemed like it had been sitting a while. Later, I came to find out that my mom had paid $2.00 for 3 chocolate bites and they were not fresh. It's a shame, because I spearhead many fundraisers for our school and I had been considering contacting them for future fundraisers.

1  Thank Diane D
Reviewed September 22, 2012

we always stop here on our way to and from NY to pick up some goodies. I buy the bags of broken cookies for making pie crusts etc (and for grandkids) my husband gets a bag of pretzels and we always get some chocolate! Friendly and nice shop.