“Grace Manor B&B, York, PA”

Grace Manor Bed and Breakfast
Grace Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We enjoyed our overnight @ Grace Manor B&B. This was our daughters (ages 11 & 15) first American B&B experience, and they had a fun time. Our room (Asian) was very nice, and had a really unusual bed! Breakfast was very good, and Joanne the owner was delightful. Walking distance to downtown was a plus. Enjoy being in such an old, but well loved house.

Room Tip: Had a lovely time at Grace Manor. Joanne is a delightful hostess, and made our stay enjoyable. Thi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2011

What a perfect spot if you like to take bike rides. The rails to trails bike path that starts just north of Baltimore ends (41 miles later) in York, just blocks away from this charming B&B. We were welcomed with tall glasses of ice water, beautifully decorated rooms and nice hot showers. Joanne and her fiance Sonny couldn't have been nicer. And there's even a choice of restaurants within walking distance. We had an excellent meal at Blue Moon. The next morning, Joanne and Sonny treated us to a delicious breakfast, which prepared us for our return trip, back to Baltimore. We definitely plan to visit again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This is a really nice B&B, in an area close to downtown York. Me and my fiance were able to walk to the downtown and enjoy the restaurants and minor league baseball. We were also not far from the wineries in the surronding areas, which we really enjoyed visiting. Overal, the food was great and the B&B was well maintained and updated. The only thing that caught me off gurad is the area is located in an urban setting.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This was my first time staying at the Grace Manor Bed and Breakfast. All I knew of it was what I found on their website. I am happy to say it was all the website described and more.

We stayed in the French room which was beautiful and elaborately decorated. Joanne made us feel quickly at home and cooked an amazing breakfast the next morning. We had a delightful time sitting around the dining room table with other guests and getting to know everyone.

Joanne has done a magnificent job restoring this building into the purpose of a bed and breakfast ,and her design talents are showcased to the max in all the work that has been done. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in the York, PA, area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tmertes
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Stayed for two nights in the Mexican room while hitting the York Wine trails and Gettysburg. Nice location for walking to/from dinner and other downtown York attractions. The Mexican room was nicely decorated, the bed was super comfortable, and the heart shaped tub in the bathroom was HUGE!! The other rooms looked gorgeous - Joanne really does a nice job with the decorations! It was quiet in our room, which was at the back of the house. I could see how rooms in the front may be louder since it's on the main street.
Breakfast was delicious and Joanne was kind enough to ask if we had any food dislikes before we arrived.
The only thing I'd recommend is to see if the key into the courtyard could be made to lock easily. Coming back at night, it was a little dark and trying to work that key was challenging. I also thought it was also a little on the pricier side for a B&B. Otherwise - wonderful stay and I'd definitely recommend and come back again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Grace manor Bed & Breakfast is a magical place. When you step thru the front door, time seems to change and you go back to a more simpler life. When my family came over from England ( the original B&B founders), we went to Grace manor for a brunch. The food and service was perfect. Every room has its own charm and perfect for any occassion: annniversary, birthday, wedding, or just to get away. We highly recommend it to every one. The only reason we have not been back is we moved to Las Vegas.
Bonita Kern

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank fdm123
Reviewed April 6, 2011

A friend invited me travel with her to York, PA and told me that we were going to be staying a a bed and breakfast. This was my first time at a B&B, and I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised and more than pleased with my entire stay. We were warmly greeted at the door by Joanne, the innkeeper, who then personally took us to our rooms.Its is a victorian mansion, but all of the rooms have a different theme. They were all decorated by Joanne, who has a great talent for interior design. I stayed in the Malaysian room. My accommodations included a private bathroom, sitting room with books and DVDs available for my choosing and a bedroomwith a breathtakingly beautiful wood carved bed. I was impressed with my room and by the care, the personalized service and he quality and tdetail that went into designing all of the rooms. Joanne provided a tasty and filling breakfast the next morning. I needed a little R&R and I received that and more. If you are considering a visit to Grace Manor pick up the phone now and make a reservation. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends