“Greeted with a warm friendly smile.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard York

Courtyard York
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in York
“Greeted with a warm friendly smile.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I was warmly greeted at check in...wish I got her name. Her warm smile and wanting to please attitude should be at every check in desk every place.
Rooms were nice, but thermostat gave me grief. Hard to get a constant temp in the room. Played with it off and on thru the night. Too hot...too cold...ugh.
It was a bitter cold night...decided to stay at the Bistro for dinner...it was VERY slow as one sweet girl tried to do it all. My food came out way before my Hubby's and we watched each other eat separately. His turkey BLT was very good...tacos were just fair. His beer was skunked and chips that came in the bag were way past sell date.
There are no extra amenities...I sure miss the complimentary coffee bar. Other Courtyards give a coupon for a free coffee or beverage at the Bistro but this one did not give any coupons. There is a tiny coffee pot in the room and small refrig. There is no microwave however.
Work out room is small but has nice new equipment and is fine for a sufficient work out.
A strip mall is across the street but a car is needed to get there ...especially on a cold night.
In spite of these few minor things...I would stay here again...and I do recommend. It is one of the better places to stay in York.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Shersei
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard York, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Shersei,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. While I am glad to hear that you received a warm welcome, I want to offer my apologies for the experience you had at our Bistro; I am sure it must have been frustrating to not be able to fully enjoy your meal. I'd also like to apologize for the situation you encountered with the thermostat in your room. It has been unusually cold these last few weeks, and it has been tough for our heating units to keep up with these arctic temperatures. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to provide a more exceptional experience for you the next time you find yourself in the York area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Trying to work with Courtyard by Marriott- York (on Concord Rd) was one of the most frustrating aspects of getting ready for my wedding. The initial consultation with the sales staff was good, but unfortunately, we did not get everything in writing. The room rate was locked in as promised, but was a rate higher than if our guests checked the current rate when getting ready to book. Also, The AAA rate was much better then the reserved rate. I called a month (four weeks) ahead to arrange the hotel shuttle and was told it was too late. The one bright star we found was Shelinda. Shelinda treated me in a way that let me know that somebody cared about the customer/clients. We had 25 rooms at the Courtyard. We had less rooms at the Hampton Inn on the other side of Route 30, yet Hampton Inn delivered on all aspects..

2 Thank jjSjr2
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

This Courtyard is neat, clean, new and full of all the amenities, including a lobby with tables and chairs for eating takeouts, a large tv with comfortable seating to watch a game and socialize, a fire pit and much more.
The staff, especially the hotel manager Shelanda were extremely helpful. The hotel was sold out with a local soccer tournament, but they continued to smile and offer assistance, even with hundreds of kids running around the hotel. They made everyone feel welcomed, especially the kids and offered assisstance with many things throughout the weekend.
Definately a 10 out of 10

1 Thank paulann b
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I loved my stay here. Everything just looks so new. The girls at the front desk were so helpful. My room looked so nice. The only thing I thought that they served complementary coffee but nothing wrong with Starbucks! The breakfast was really good I just wish that I had time to try their dinner. Hard to pass up the bar but too much to do in York!

Room Tip: I loved the courtyard side. Such a beautiful view! So relaxing!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank becca s
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been travelling for the past month and have been hitting one good hotel after another! This was yet another very nice Courtyard. In the past I have preferred Fairfield Inns, but lately I have stayed in some nice Courtyards, including this one.

Check-in girl was very nice and friendly. My room was quite large with 2 queens, a big workdesk, closet, frig, microwave, coffee pot, etc. I loved the bathroom. It had extra shelving, and it was only a shower – not a tub. It had a great shower head, and glass doors – which I loved. My bed was great - firm yet cushy – and great pillows! The sheets were clean, as was the bathroom and all the towels. There was a big picture window in my room – I loved all the natural light.

There’s no free breakfast, but you can buy it from a little café in the lobby (as well as dinner). There IS free wi-fi and free parking.

I was only there for 1 night, and it was late when I checked in so I really couldn’t see what kind of area it was. It’s very convenient to the Interstate, and I did see some big stores like Staples, Bed Bath and Beyond, Old Navy, etc. But, I don’t know what else is around. Great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Oyster Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed one night and checked out early so our stay was really limited to checking in, sleeping, eating breakfast and checking out. All of which we had no problem with. My pet peeve with Courtyard is the lack of complimentary coffee for guests but the breakfast, was quick, very tasty and very reasonably priced. The service, which was solely the front desk, was fine and I would definitely stay again if in the area. The hotel is also near the highway, gas and chain restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 48Rick
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Second stay here and was disappointed. No longer offer complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby and replaced it with a sign that said to visit the Barrista Bar if you want coffee. I'm sure some guy in a meeting thought why give free coffee when we can get people to buy it from us? The answer is simple, it makes people happy and it's such a nice touch. The hotel is new and the rooms are nicely decorated, but that can only go so far. There was nothing special about it this time. No aknowledgement for being a Marriott Rewards member. The front desk help was only adequate and even poor upon check out. The manager was off somewhere and a maid had to check us out. She radioed the person in charge, telling her she had customers, and we heard a snippy person on the other end say, "Ok! Thanks.", but never did show up. This was at 10 am on a Sunday morning, not the middle of the night. We were woken up early in the morning to the sound of little kids running and jumping in the room above us. Not the hotel's fault, but maybe they should put families with wee ones on the ground floor next time, so if they jump around they won't sound like they're coming through the ceiling on the room beneath them. Such a disappointment and what a difference from our last stay. Something big must have changed with the management, because last year we couldn't say enough good things about it. This year...don't think we'll come back.

Room Tip: Make sure that a family of acrobats are not put in the room above you.