“Affordable, clean and good location”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed June 12, 2014

When I arrived I was greeted with a smile and a gift bag of snacks and water, since I am a choice member (that was pretty cool). A very large parking lot with several buildings housing the hotel as a whole. I had a king room that was very large. The room had a tube TV, decent size mini-fridge, microwave, a table and a dresser.
The A/C worked well. But there wasn't much for power outlets in the room. I ended up using the outlet that TV was plugged into to charge my phones. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of towels. The balcony rooms on the second floor, have a sliding door that opens to a balcony, not that I would use it...but good info.
I stayed for a night, there is a Starbucks across the street and a couple of gas stations nearby...along with being right off the highway and about 15 minutes from York College, not too bad a location. I did not have the breakfast, but I don't stay at Econo Lodge for that.
If you are a frequent traveler and looking for a short stay, this place has the service and decent quality to support your need along with a price to support the product provided. If I'm in town for another overnight stay I will likely be back.

Room Tip: There are two types of rooms. The rooms on the second floor are listed as w/balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank mobile_bill
kbp0123, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank You for reviewing our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I asked to be in a quiet room. They gave me 219. It was directly in from the entry way, doors on either side, ice machine, coke machine & etc directly outside of my door. I was there 5 nights. People would let the door slam behind them at ALL hours of the day & NIGHT, get ice, drinks & etc all times!!! I did not sleep well, especially the last 2 nights when the drunks would come in at 3-4am loudly talking! The door to the left would be opened up on me as I was entering or leaving my room, the glass window in the door had been boarded up so I couldn't see if someone was coming and they couldn't see me. There were cigarette butts in the parking lot the entire time I was there, as if someone had emptied their ashtray right there in the parking lot. The room had an offensive smell. Breakfast was terrible. Juice was so watered down it could not be drank. After the first day, the danishes were stale. There was some fruit to pick from the first few days, after that, old apples. I was told by Anita my stay would be $196.20 total, my CLC account was charged $244.30. The pillows were flat. My sheets were never changed. The towels were fine.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Michelle P
kbp0123, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thank You for providing feedback. We are working hard to improve our property. We are changing items for breakfast. We are sorry you had a bad experience here, hopefully you will give us another chance sometime.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had sworn off Econo Lodges but after reading some reviews decided to try this one. Very clean, large rooms with micro wave, refrigerator, hair dryer, iron. Has a pool. Breakfast is good for an economy hotel. You have your choice of 4 cereals, toast, muffin, mini danish, fresh fruit. If you want a hot breakfast there is a 24 hour diner right at the end of the driveway. Staff is friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. It is the best bang for the buck that I have found.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center. I hit this accidentally and would not let me do a no rating at that poi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank bt1958

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for our property. We really appreciate your business. We are glad you had a great stay-that is very important to us!

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in room 346 for work at brunner island power plant. The first impression was what is that smell in the hallway which was covered up by cheap perfume by that didn't last to long. Then started to notice the itching spots all over my body so I ripped the sheets off the bed only to find bed bugs!!! OMG never again will I not check every little nook and cranny of the bed I'm about to sleep in

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank davejose

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for our property. We are sorry about your experience here, I can assure you we do not have bed bugs.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This motel is not going to receive any awards in the immediate future, but it provided a pretty good night's lodging for me. I used a travel coupon, which brought my total bill for the one night to $47. This was quite a bit less than the other area motel rates I'd been given when calling around. It's showing its age in places but my room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The room included a microwave and fridge and the wifi signal was strong and reliable all evening. I would be glad to stay here again if my business takes me back to the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rick D

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are continuously making improvements including the bedding and breakfast items. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The room was clean and the staff was nice.The only complaint I have ,and it isn't the hotels fault was the noise level of the other customers.All through the night people were in and out of the hallways and making lots of loud noise.Slamming dooors and such laughing and speaking loudly in the hallways.It was through out the hotel because my teammates had the same complaint.We were in town for a powerlifting competition at York Barball and none of us got a restfull nights sleep

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to complain about the noise ,
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Albert O
kbp0123, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank You for taking the time to provide feedback for our property. We are sorry you had a bad experience in the past. We are making improvements around the property.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge while on our summer, week long vacation. Overall it was a good experience. However, when we called to get more towels we were told that we would have to go to the front desk to get them ourselves. In addition, the wifi barely worked and the breakfast was substandard. We called ahead of time asking if we could check in 2 hours early and were told it would be okay, but when we got there, we were denied and told to come back in 2+ hours. On the plus side though, the General Manager was very helpful. When there was a problem he would go above and beyond to solve it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gimlinoe01

Thank You for taking the time to provide feedback for our property. We are making improvements to the property. The internet is working great. We have updated the bedding and got different items for breakfast.