“Good Meal”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stopped by after college tour of York College for lunch. Very affordable and good choice for food. The service was excellent.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was our second visit to Bistro 19; it is likely that we will go back.

Bistro 19 is just across the street from the Capitol Strand Theater and it is an ideal choice for a meal before seeing a performance at the Strand. It. Would be an equally good choice for dinner out as a couple or with friends. There is seating adjacent to the bar and a separate dining room. Both dining areas are comfortable and attractive.

Daily specials are available and the regular menu provides plenty of choices. Each Time have we visited Bistro 19 the quality of our meals has been outstang both in quality and in presentation. Our server was friendly, and appeared to be knowledgable about the choices of beer and wine.

This was an excellent choice.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband and I stopped in for dinner a few weeks ago, and quite enjoyed our experience. It has an awesomely long bar and was full of people just chilling, although I can also recall some more lively crowds in the past too. The food was decent, and our waiter was courteous and relatively attentive. We'll probably eat there again sometime.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Bistro 19 has a great character to it in the dining area. It is a little strange hearing the noise from the bar area which can quickly ruin the atmosphere in the dining area. I think they need to have a little more separation there, or a little more upscale bar to go with the dining atmosphere.

Onto the food. The food here is amazing. I had beef tenderloin, over garlic mashed potatos and asparagus with a wild mushroom sauce on top. It was cooked perfectly and tasted great. It was a little expensive, but I was not disappointed in the taste.

My wife had the rosato, and it too tasted amazing. We had the calamari with banana peppers for our appetizer and I would have never thought to pair banana peppers with calamari, but it goes together so well.

The drinks were good, including the Jamaican Coffee for desert. The service was what you would expect in a nicer restaurant, we had the full attention of our server and could not have asked for any more.

Overall I would recommend this place and will go back at some point, but be ready to drop a hundred bucks for a nice dinner for two.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Unfortunately, we find Bristo19 to be very inconsistent. We've tried it several times before shows and can never get the same experience twice. Use to like to stop in on Sunday afternoons for a quiet sandwich and a glass of wine, but that's no longer possible. They require you 'enjoy' their brunch buffet, no open menu..