“Nice little watering hole”
Review of Bistro 19 - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
York, Pennsylvania
“Nice little watering hole”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband and I stopped in for dinner a few weeks ago, and quite enjoyed our experience. It has an awesomely long bar and was full of people just chilling, although I can also recall some more lively crowds in the past too. The food was decent, and our waiter was courteous and relatively attentive. We'll probably eat there again sometime.

Visited July 2012

tmg0427
“Very good food, a little pricey”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Bistro 19 has a great character to it in the dining area. It is a little strange hearing the noise from the bar area which can quickly ruin the atmosphere in the dining area. I think they need to have a little more separation there, or a little more upscale bar to go with the dining atmosphere.

Onto the food. The food here is amazing. I had beef tenderloin, over garlic mashed potatos and asparagus with a wild mushroom sauce on top. It was cooked perfectly and tasted great. It was a little expensive, but I was not disappointed in the taste.

My wife had the rosato, and it too tasted amazing. We had the calamari with banana peppers for our appetizer and I would have never thought to pair banana peppers with calamari, but it goes together so well.

The drinks were good, including the Jamaican Coffee for desert. The service was what you would expect in a nicer restaurant, we had the full attention of our server and could not have asked for any more.

Overall I would recommend this place and will go back at some point, but be ready to drop a hundred bucks for a nice dinner for two.

• Visited July 2012
York, Pennsylvania
“Sometimes great, some time not so great”
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately, we find Bristo19 to be very inconsistent. We've tried it several times before shows and can never get the same experience twice. Use to like to stop in on Sunday afternoons for a quiet sandwich and a glass of wine, but that's no longer possible. They require you 'enjoy' their brunch buffet, no open menu..

Forest Hills, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST MAC AND CHEESE”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is one of the first restaurant I've visited when I arrived at York. Their service is great and I love their Jelepeno Mac and Cheese.

Delafield, Wisconsin
“Cool Atmosphere Over Priced Food”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The food was pretty average at best, but came with a pretty high end price tag. We were over $80 for 2 of us, but felt the meal was more like a $40 experience.

I had a steak cooked medium rare, but it wasn't that great. It was a bit grissly and not as tender as I would expect.

The atmosphere is kind of unique and the main saving grace. It seems they have enclosed with a plexi glass roof what was previously an outside portion behind the building. This brings in lots of natural lighting and showed off some if the charm of the historic old York buildings.