“York Homewood”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in York
New York, United States
“York Homewood”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very nice hotel clean close to expressway roomy and lots of room to spread-out. Hot breakfast in the morning and lite dinner is included which is also a nice perk. Bathroom amenities Neutrogena products are also very nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Stephen F
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you so much for a great review and pointing out so many of our great features and amenities! Clean, roomy, and convenient! Thank you. The Neutrogena Products are one of my favorite little perks too! Thanks for noticing! Please come back and visit us again soon!!
Warm Regards~
Melissa Leonard
Director of Sales
717-434-1800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Meadowbrook, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel was nice. The rooms were clean the staff was great. The parking was fine. However the parking lot did have some ice in it which did not bother me but I could see other people having some issue with that. However I was really looking forward to relaxing in the pool after a long day but it was freezing. I could not believe the pool was so cold. I chose this hotel over other hotels because of the pool. to say the lease I was very disappointed!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank James M
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! Thank you for your many kind words about our hotel and our staff. Our apologies regarding the pool. Although we keep up with continual maintenance on our pool, some things do happen beyond our control. We try very hard to keep our guests alerted and informed, but the reheating of our pool does take time. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and strive always to refine our operations and minimize such occurrences. Please visit us again and give us another try. Also - please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. Thank you again for your feedback. We take these issues seriously.
Thank you!
-Melissa Leonard
Director of Sales
The Homewood Suites by Hilton - York PA
717-434-1800
Washington, DC area
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My kids and I were back for my second visit at this property and I felt that I needed to leave another review. I just love this hotel. I was in town visiting family for the Holiday and looked forward to another stay at this Homewood Suites. Some observations from this stay include:

--Once again, the hotel was so, so clean. Even with the falling ice and snow outside, the lobby and hallways inside exterior doors were spotless.
--Our room was perfect. I don't have a single complaint. In my last review I had a number of concerns and the Director of Sales posted a response stating that stricter inspection standards would be implemented. That very likely happened. Everything was perfect.
--The beds are way more comfortable than our last stay. I'm not sure if the beds are being changed out, but I slept significantly better this time.
--The pillows were amazing. I haven't slept on a more comfortable pillow in a long, long time. I even asked to purchase one. The VERY helpful guest services rep tried to help me source one to purchase but there were none on-hand at the hotel. She was able to give me contact info to the supplier but, unfortunately, it requires a minimum purchase of a dozen. (Anyone want to go in on an order with me?)
--Once again, the ladies working at breakfast were so accommodating and sweet. I wish I knew names so I could give a shout-out here. The service was great. My kids and I were getting there as they were closing up but she offered to bring items back out that had already been put away. She offered to wait on removing other items to be sure that my children had gotten enough. The tables were clean, the food displays were clean, food was warm and the coffee was hot. PERFECT.
--I used the pool this time around. It's exactly what my kids needed. The pool area was tidy, the clean towels were plentiful, the chaises were comfortable...all great fun for the kids.

We stay in town during family events, reunions, etc...This hotel isn't near my family's houses but I originally picked it because it was ranked and reviewed so highly. I'll continue to come back here, though, because my expectations have been repeatedly exceeded. Very pleased.

1 Thank LPaigeE
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear "Great Second Visit"! ~ What a delight to read your review!! Wow - Thank you! It is so reassuring to know that the procedures that we put in place are working and do not go un-noticed!! We have a great property and an even greater staff - so thank you so much for noticing!!
~ Yes - the weather was interesting for a couple of weeks - and our staff worked hard to keep things in order! Thank you!
~ With improved inspection standards and an awesome suite-keeping team, it sounds like we are "getting it right!" Thank you!!
~ Thank you for loving our beds and pillows! They are amazing!! ;)
~ We gave a shout-out to our entire amazing food and beverage staff for you!! Thank you for noticing and pointing out their attention to every detail!!
~ So thrilled you were able to enjoy the pool this time!!

Thank you again for such an incredible review. It thrills us completely to know we have exceeded your expectations - and even improved our service - with your second visit!! We look very forward to having you visit with us again soon ~ and greatly appreciate being your chosen hotel here in York!!!
Happy Holidays!!
Philadelphia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I always love Homewood Suites, this is more of a huge room than a suite (though it still has kitchen and couch) - but it is REALLY big. The hotel seemed very new and clean, service was friendly. AC unit in my room was pretty loud and the walls a bit thin. Breakfast was fine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PelleasPhiladelphia
Thank you so much for a great review! Our Studios are so spacious! New, clean and friendly - great compliments! I hope you reported the AC unit and that was addressed on property for you! If I can be of any further assistance - please let me know! Thank you again!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Loved the over sized suite. Very comfortable. Unit was very clean. Hallways were chilly.Staff very polite. Pool was much smaller than appeared and too chilly for us. would stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was away from the highway and was very quiet
2 Thank robin t
Thank you for a very nice review. Clean and comfortable and would stay again - thank you!! My apologies that you found the hallways and pool to be chilly. With the colder weather - we are trying to monitor this better! Again, my apologies - we are working to refine this in our operations! Thank you so much! Hope you can visit with us again.
~Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales - 717-434-1800
Richmond, United States
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Enjoyed an oversized suite with all the ammenities I could hope for. Facility was spotless and quiet. Staff were curtious and helpful. The bed was heavenly and I had a great nights sleep. Will stay here again and suggest you try it too!

1 Thank Patricia A
Wow! Very impressive review: spotless, quiet, courteous, helpful and heavenly!! Love it! Thank you!! Can't wait til you visit us again!! Your high recommendation is greatly appreciated!!
Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales, 717-434-1800
Freeport, New York
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Throughout our stay in York, we had outstanding service at the Homewood Suites. Our room had everything we expected and the breakfast was terrific and our entire family was happy with the food that was served. I was greeted by name when I checked in and all areas were flawless, to include the pool. Our son enjoyed the water, which was very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank John K
Thank you for highlighting our great value and service! Much appreciated! Thank you for a great review - pointing out the wonderful food and how your son enjoyed the pool! It is a great feature! Please come back and visit us again soon!!!