“great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in York
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel was clean, well staffed, friendly staff. The room was large and accommodating. the wi fi was fast and worked well. the breakfast was awesome and something to come back for alone. no room service but popcorn and a mini kitchen provided!

Room Tip: no room service
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Susan K
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Breakfast was "worth coming back to alone!" We love those kinds of comments! It makes us feel like we are truly creating the best stay we can for our guests!! Room large and accommodating, friendly staff....again just what we are striving for! So - thank you!! Please visit us again soon!! Reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance with reservations. Kind Regards - Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales - The Homewood Suites by Hilton York PA 717-434-1800.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Brasher Falls, Ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

One of the nicer hotels that I've stayed. I have absolutely couldn't come up with anything but positives when it comes to this hotel. I certainly hope to be traveling through York, PA again, so I have the opportunity to stay again. I highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Well, we certainly hope you are travelling through York to stay with us again too! We appreciate your "high recommendation"! "Couldn't ask for more" - WOW! Hope to have you visit us again soon! Kind Regards~ Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales - The Homewood Suites by Hilton~York PA
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Literally the only negative in the location. Not that it is in a bad part of town just slightly out of the way. The hotel is right off the highway but not much else is immediately around. The suites are the normally large Homewood suites. Relatively newer property still extremely clean and well maintained. The breakfast was great and my little interaction with the staff has been pleasent. Would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jlee73
Thank you for such a great review - extremely clean and well-maintained! Noteably our location is a quiet area - but downtown and local area restaurants are within a half-mile. Thank you so much for your "high recommendation"!! It is much-appreciated! Please visit us again soon!
Kind Regards - Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales - The Homewood Suites by Hilton~York PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Hotel was a home away from home! Excellent service, spacious rooms with a full kitchen. My daughter and I shared a king bed room which was very well appointed with Bath & Body Works personal care items and upscale linens. Kitchen was complete with two burner stove, microwave, full size refridgerator and even included dish soap and cleaning sponge. The only thing missing was the wine glasses! My daughter used the pool and hot tub - very nice pool towels! The entire hotel was very clean, breakfast was excellent. I got there right before breakfast was over and they brought out more canadian bacon even though it was almost over. The hostess went to every table before starting to put food away to make sure no one else needed anything. Price was a little high for the area but well worth it!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diana S
"Outstanding" - thank you for such a wonderful compliment! Our amenities that you listed are such a fantastic value - thank you for taking advantage of all that we have to offer!! It seems that our Breakfast Staff is becoming known for their amazing service!! We hope your travels will bring you back to us for another visit soon!! Thank you again! ~ Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales, The Homewood Suites by Hilton~York PA
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

New, clean, spacious rooms with great little kitchen. Staff are phenomenal and breakfast is great! This was my first stay at a Homewood Suites, though I travel constantly for work. I am a new fan! Cannot say enough about this place :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TXTravelerGriffin
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Wow!! Thank you for such an awesome review! "Top Notch" - we like that! We work hard to go above and beyond to take care of our guests - so having a new fan is very rewarding! We hope you will be back to visit soon! Please stop by the desk and say hello! Again - thank you so much for your compliments - we will strive for even better on your next visit!
Kind Regards - Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales
Nassau County, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I am an experienced business traveler and have stayed in the best of hotels. I am happy to say that this Homewood Suites is at the top of my list. It is so beautiful- the lobby, the rooms- and super clean. I love that there is a DVD player in the room so that I can use my exercise videos. The flat screen TV is great, too. The room is well lit and the bed is extremely comfortable. The only problem I had was that I couldn't set the correct time on the clock radio; however, when I called down to the front desk, the person who answered was extremely helpful and even offered to come up and do it for me. The food is excellent and I love not having to go out for breakfast or dinner. The dining room staff is friendly and super accommodating. As a matter of fact, all the staff is the best I've encountered. I look forward to coming back to York, just so I can come back to the Homewood Suites there!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeannie B
When a guest travels as much as many of you do - it is remarkable to our staff here at The Homewood Suites that we can still impress! Thank you for this wonderful review. It seems that our staff - as well as our impeccable suites - have proven to create a comfortable "home away from home" for you with the conveniences you look for - like our in-suite DVD players! "The staff is the best I've encountered" is such a wonderful compliment - that will be passed on so that they know what a great job they are doing and what a fantastic impression they are making!! We look very forward to your next visit with us!!
Thank you again! ~Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed there with my family for almost two months while house was being renovated due to a fire. The staff was beyond accommodating, and assisted with anything we needed. My family also has various allergies, and they went above and beyond to try to assist. Great place to stay and excellent staff!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 34Rob
Thank you so much! It was OUR pleasure to have you and your family stay with us!! We are glad that you have been able to get settled back into your home! Stop back and visit when you can!! Thank you again! Kindest Regards~Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales