“poor service and poor food”
Review of Blue Heron

Blue Heron
Ranked #21 of 459 Restaurants in York
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

It was bob and I was told they were waiting for their liquor license but when we arrived they charged $10 corkage fee. This was at their new location. Even with that I still made arrangements go dine there again. This time we were seated in the bar area which was horrible. I did say something about this when we were being seated. No change was offered. The food was not the same as our good experiences had been in the past. After dinner my sister said some of hers was cold in the center. I would highly recommend the Left Bank or the Blue Moon. We often go to these restaurants and have never been disappointed. Will never go back to the Blue Heron!!

3  Thank Carole D

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I don't understand the negative reviews posted here - my husband and I have been to the Blue Heron several times and have always enjoyed our meals. Our last visit was Valentine's Day. I had one of the best racks of lamb I've ever tasted and my husband had an awesome Coq Au Vin. The staff here are friendly, professional, and attentive.

Writing this review has prompted another visit - just made reservations for Saturday night!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

A friend gave us a gift certificate to this restaurant. The staff were pleasant and the food was good. My concern was the price. The entree was only the entree, no sides or salad included. Imagine our surprise when presented with the bill to learn the house salad was an additional $6. My partner and I each ordered a cosmo which cost $12 each!!!!. The prices are over rated. I would not go back again.

2  Thank bobthoman
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Blue Heron started as a very small restaurant.The food was very good.They have moved across town into a much larger building.My club goes out for lunch once a month to try all the different restaurants/types of food. We went there 3/26/13 & we are ready to go back again & again & again to try more of the wonderful sounding items on the menu.The cream of crab soup was a thinner consistency than I like but very tasteful.The quiche was very, very good.2 of the gals got the soup & sandwich & just raved about it. The soup was lentil & they said they would get it again. The sandwich they chose was the pastrami & they said one of the best they have had.Not to many customers but we sure hope that improves, don't want to lose this very fine dining opportunity.

1  Thank farmersgal
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Living in a small city in Central PA usually means you forgo a the good restaurants that you often find in big cities. The Blue Heron is one of the exceptions. While it is not the best food I've ever had, it is some of the best I've had in York PA, and is a nice break from the chain restaurants that blanket the town. The atmosphere is nice while a little cheap in appearance but I was mainly there for the food. The staff is very nice and very helpful as well. This is a somewhat newer restaurant so I suspect that over time they will only continue to get better.

1  Thank IronRakkasan

Been to Blue Heron? Share your experiences!