“No Regrets” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in York
Glenside, PA
“No Regrets”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2009

My family and I (including an 80 year-old woman) stayed one night in 3 contiguous rooms and were satisfied with the experience. The rooms appeared clean, the beds were very comfortable and everything functioned as it should, including A/C and refrigerators in each room. The bathrooms were perfectly fine and the stand-up showers seemed to have been renovated recently. Front desk service was efficient and noise from other rooms and the surrounding urban area was minimal. The complimentary breakfast included cereal, pastries, muffins, milk, OJ and coffee. I payed a total of $53.94 per room... a tremendous value. I'd stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alfafan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2008

I stayed in the motel during my visit at train show@fairground in sping as this was nearest motel to the ground. The motel was undergoing the renovation but the rooms were good, a little bit noisy because construction. I went back to stay in same motel during Fall show@fairground and was very please with the way hotel is changed. Change of clientale, personal attention from management team and overall good value for the money.

I highly recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank YorkVisitor2008
Fresh Meadows, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

Really, this is such a bad motel! It is three towering stories of poor, old looking rooms and corridors. The staircase in the back and the elevator are bunched in a dark corner with old furniture. We had to get the clerk (friendly, though) to come up to our room to open the door because the key worked but we couldn't open the door. He just kicked the door open and it worked. He blamed in on "fresh" paint, but that really is a lot of baloney because the paint has been there for a long time; in fact, he told us that the reason some of the doors are in teal and the others in blue Rodeway color is that the hotel is undergoing repainting (the room we were in was teal and that means the paint is very old and has dried many years ago!) The room smelled like cigarette smoke and in fact was nonsmoking (the whole motel is nonsmoking), but this was because the room used to be a smoking room when the motel was an Economy Inn (it lacked the nonsmoking sign that some other rooms did.

Like some other guests said in the Economy Inn page on TripAdvisor, it looks like this hotel is suited for prostitution and crack dealing, not vacationing.

No clock/radios, only one ice machine.

I'd rather stay at any other place, even if it will be double the cost at $100 a night.

• Liked — The clerk, perhaps (the clerk was also the maintainer, he said)
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank StuyvesantHSgrad

Travelers are raving about these York hotels

Vienna, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2008

I was looking for a hotel near the site of our softball team's tournament in York, PA. I checked Choice Hotels website and found a great price for the Rodeway Inn York. Calling the manager direct the team received very favorable treatment in order to accomodate the indeterminate number of nights we would stay.

The hotel is clean and the rooms comfortable and quiet. The girls and their parents enjoyed the close proximity to good restaurants, especially the Irish Pub just steps away. Some parants thought the hotel had a bad image, but all that stayed there enjoyed the experience and will certainly return.

The hotel owner is to be praised for his effort in providing economical and safe housing in an area of York that is clearly gentrifying.

• Liked — Price and location
  • Disliked — Lack of excercise facility
  • Stayed June 2008
1 Thank SoftballDad21
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2006

Unfortunately I did not get to see the review posted already before coming across this Economy Inn! This place was absolutely the worst place I have ever seen! I'm honest about this and hope you get the chance to read this review before making a reservation at this horrible place! I honestly can't believe that this place hasn't been condemened yet! And will make it every effort of mine to have this place shut down before an innocent family has to come across such a place again! Today is June 1, 2006 and every hotel, inn and lodge in York, PA and just about everything else in the surrounding area was sold out for a car show! My wife and I had carried our 2 yr old and 10 month old up to the 2nd floor and went to enter our room. I swiped the key card about 5 times before I realized I needed to kick the door to pry it open cause it was stuck. The second the door was open my wife and I looked at each other and said there was no way we were staying in that room! She went down to the office and requested a refund, while she did that I just did a quick look around the room and got out of that room quick! There were red stains on the ceiling and walls, as if a massacre took place in the room! The room smelled like absolute cat urine and was so foul that you would not want to breath in the air in the room. After looking in the bathroom I had ran out of the room and slammed the door shut and walked down the stairs and put my kid in the car. I can not explain it and only wish I had taken pictures to put on this site for you all to view. Anyway, we are now in Maryland, yes Maryland! At the Days Hotel in Timonium, Maryland. It was 45 minutes away, but it is clean, comfortable and priced reasonably. Please stay away from this Economy Inn hotel, I hope to get this word out and have this place shut down for good!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2006

This place was a complete dump. Your typical crack/prostitution type of hole. Stains everywhere, mysterious rubber items behind the dresser, not even a clock in the room, busted outdoor lock, dirty sweat and whatever else stained comforters. I asked for a non-smoking room, and was given one anyway after I passed five of them on the way to my room. I didn't even feel comfortable taking a shower in the stall...I would've come out feeling dirtier than when I went in. The towels were even stained with strange yellow stains. The place was a dive and I wouldn't recommend or even suggest it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business