“Average hotel with good service”
Review of Hampton Inn York

Hampton Inn York
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed December 16, 2010

The hotel is dated and not as clean as I would like but the service was excellent from everyone I encountered. Staff were friendly, attentive, and prompt to respond. Breakfast was mediocre (but free). Bed was fairly comfortable. The heating system in the room was strange - would alternate between blowing cold air (which made the room freezing) and hot air (which made the room too hot). Made it difficult to sleep.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jolena28

Reviewed November 24, 2010

I have stayed here for years and these people are the greatest! But the price is a little high.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveling_Duo_TN
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Right off of 30, the location is very convenient. So close to many restaurants, both chain and local. Wonderful staff, ready and willing to please.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClaytonU
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I have to say that out of ANY Hilton property, this Hampton Inn has really made my stay worth the drive! I look forward to coming back every year now! The prices are great for the amount of ammenities you get, and you surely can't put a price on the guest service given by the employees at the front desk. The housekeepers work so hard and you can tell by the excellent service! When I left for a short trip over to the mall (across the parking lot..we WALKED!) with my friends we returned to a super clean room, almost as if it was never used.
If you have never stayed here, this is the place to stay when in York, PA. I can't wait to come back next year!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Princess8507
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Typical Hampton room although bathroom in our unit needed some upgrading but other family members had newer fixtures. No indoor pool but small outdoor pool that was fine for the summer months and kids enjoyed in the evenings. Fitness center has 3 pieces of equipment I believe in good shape. Mall is adjacent to property. The biggest impression this location made on us was the breakfast. They had plenty of seating options and you could spread out even when they were completely full. The ladies working did their best to keep things clean and stocked. The waffle maker was a nice touch and they even made cinnamon rolls when asked. In the evening, there were a few games in lobby if you wanted to hang out and play.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ttoo
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I always stay at this hotel when in York visiting my family. That staff is always friendly, professional and accommodating. Everyone from the front desk staff, to the breakfast ladies to everyone I see in housekeeping and maintenance, they are all kind and helpful. Breakfast is great with the new offering of waffles, not to mention all the other choices they have. It's always nice to be able to have free internet when traveling as well. Great location next to a steak house and the Galleria Mall. The rooms are also very clean and comfortable. I have no complaints only many thanks!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank biscochito
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I have traveled for work, and stayed at the Hampton Inn in York Pa over the course of the last 2 months. I cannot express enough how much I have enjoyed my stays. The rooms are clean and well prepared, and the staff is excellent! During February 2010, two different times the city was basically shut down from record snowfall, and myself and co-workers were stuck at the hotel for the most part. The Hampton Team could not have handled a bad situation any better than they did. Catered food was brought to us, they helped everyone clean out vehicles from the heavy snow, and just really did one heck of a job to try and make a bad situation just a little better for all of us. When i am in York from this day forward, there are no other options where I will consider staying. What a great crew and wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business