“The Pits”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed August 5, 2008

The bedding was horrible, The room was dirty, This motel is in serious need of refurbishment.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank garywjan
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed June 18, 2008

This is the second time my family and I have stayed at this motel. It is a little expensive for the room quality. Try to find a discount code or use a coupon. But it is in a decent area with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. The hotel has a nice pool and restaurant on site. But the restaurant prices are pretty high. The rooms were nice and clean. No major complaints.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank BeReady
Reviewed July 9, 2007

On a whim we decided to stay in the Lancaster Co, Pa area. We called all the hotels in the area and they were booked. We finally found this Quality Inn and Suites in York. They had a room, for which we were greatful. We checked in with 4 adults. Our room had 2 double beds with room for a blow up mattress. The room was so dirty and smelled of mildew, but we were too tired to complain. When we got up in the morning we realized there was thick black dust on the air intakes and mold on the shower walls. There were strange flying insects in the bathroom. The cleaning crew definitely needs a training class!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Wheaties
Reviewed July 10, 2006

The room we were assigned was full of problems! This room should never have been rented!!

1) Defective outlet, near front window, so we couldn't use the standing lamp;
2) Defective clock, on night stand, kept blinking on and off, so we couldn't set alarm or time;
3) There was some kind of moldy- mildewy slime on the wire pipe going up the wall to the
light in between the beds;
4) The bottom rim on the lamp shade, next to the TV, had a ring of ground-in dirt.
5) There was mildew spots in between the tiles on the bathroom floor.

I reported the first item as soon as we checked in.They offered to moved us to another room, but we had already unpacked and we were tired, so we said we'll stay. So, they brought us an extension cord, just in case. It was only after it got to be pretty late, that we discoved the rest of the problems. We stayed for the night and checked out the next day, even though we were booked to stay another night.

Need I say any more! You decide whether you would want to stay here!!

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank Chazdep
Reviewed August 25, 2005

Had to stay here when the Holiday Inn Express overbooked and tossed our reservations. The rooms are pretty grungy, everything is old and pretty much shot. The whole place looks like it was built in the 50's or 60's and hasn't had a face lift since then. The bathroom was shabby and had crickets of all things. The bad sheets had what looked like cigarette ashes mashed into them in spots, good thing this was a no smoking room. Would have been okay for $39, but not $75. The management was freindly and helpfull even if the hotel was old and beat up. Continental B-fast was okay. Actually the bed was okay if you over looked the sheets, slept pretty well. Kind of felt you might get mugged or some such.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank padlin
A TripAdvisor Member
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2005

I worried about this place because I had already made reservations before I read the reviews here. With great trepidation, we arrived at the motel and checked in. I immediately went to our suite and checked for cleanliness. It was OK. We had a fairly spacious two-room suite with a jacuzzi, which offered no privacy. The suite was actually two rooms that had been remodeled, and there was no door between the bedroom and the living area. Still, it worked OK for us because of the location (in the center of the places we wanted to visit), the free Internet access (so I could blog) and the kitchenette (so I could make breakfast and dinner for my son and keep milk in the fridge). The free continental breakfast was not much. The pool was a good size, but my son and husband noticed that some of the lights were broken. The tub had burn marks on it, but the bathroom was clean enough. The staff was fine -- not overly friendly but not rude. I used the laundry facilities, and that was OK. The safe in the room worked properly, but nowhere on it was written that we would be charged ($1 a day) for using it. I thought one of the best things going for this place was the location -- near U.S. 30 and I-83.

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
North Baltimore, Ohio
Reviewed March 19, 2005

Dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in! Pool, while deep, was filthy and had hair all over the bottom. I'm gagging now just thinking about it!! The room was non smoking and smelled like smoke. Everything had cigarette burns on it. I may be only thirteen years old, but I started crying like a little baby because I chose that hotel, being Family Concierge! It's right next to a strip club. This hotel has one of those guarentees...if you don't like it, don't pay for it. We attempted to do that but it got us nowhere. The only reason we stayed was because we were going to the Harley plant the next day. It's not worth any price. I wouldn't even recommend it to my worst enemy! We will not return. Learn from my experience; save yourself the time and money!

• Stayed: August 2004