“not bad for the dollar”

Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in York
Winchester, Virginia
“not bad for the dollar”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

stayed overnight in a king suite the room was sizable- while the outside does look like an old Howard Johnsons it is really not too bad- could use some updating with the bathrooms and rooms they have outside entrances no hallways. The bed was comfortable needed to ask for pillows for the sofa bed and they were supplied by the lady at the front desk in no time- should have asked for more they are a bit small.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LI MASS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This past April was my 3rd stay at this motel. I was dissapointed. The bathroom was a mess, bad grout, water had an oder. Main room was fine. Bed was same, sheets and linens were clean as usual. Best feature is the great Mexican restaurant at the front of the building. Not sue if we're going back for a forth stay.

Room Tip: My best room was at the lower level back. This was west side upper level. Ask if bathroom has been u...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel due to the location and affordable price. The receptionist was pleasant and quickly check us in. The room was comfortable with clean linens. The patrons in the next room were a little loud part of the night, but overall we had a comfortable stay. The continental breakfast was extensive and included a waffle maker for freshly made waffles. Very nice breakfast. We would probably stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol Y
Pottersville, NY
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I base my review on my Hampton Inn experiences and consider Hampton Inn a "Gold Standard". This hotel is very dated. All the rooms are exterior entrance. This is an old Howard Johnson conversion. When we arrived on Wednesday the grass needed to be cut about a week ago. It was cut the following day. The carpets are some what dirty. The clientele is some 30 to 40 percent work crews. All the walks need a high pressure wash and the paint on the hotel needs attention. Yes the price is low so you get what you payfor. While the internet service over all was reasonable speed I was not able to use Outlook to send e-mail. I need to go out and use web mail on all my e-mail accounts.

There were plenty of outlets at the desk but bedside there were none to be found. Many hotels are now offering bedside connections for AC and USB phone charging and the average cost is about 10 cents per night amortized over one year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these York hotels

Levittown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was unsure booking here but the price was right despite the mixed reviews. Pulling up it looked like an old shore hotel, but the lobby was nice and front desk friendly. I was pleasantly surprised at our King room, very nice, remodeled, clean. the only thing not remodeled was the bathroom which was quite small with an older bathtub and a sprinkler for shower. We were unable to access wireless and could not use the ethernet connection the offered because all we had was a tablet but I used the hotel lobby computer and never had to wait. Free breakfast was mostly continental but they had waffle maker and hard boiled eggs as well. The front desk was nice and friendly, I would stay here again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
South Dakota
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I'm really struggling to say something nice about this place, but out of the risk of getting sued or something, I'll attempt to stick with the facts. Dante once said that....No. I promised. Okay, the lady at check-in was very pleasant. So there's that. If you're not old enough to have experienced the 1960s motor inn experience, this place will fit the bill. The rooms are exterior access and have huge glass windows. My curtains wouldn't close all the way so I had to prop pieces of furniture about against it for privacy. If you have a ground floor room by the parking lot, you can at least park right in front of your room typically. So I guess that's number two. Hmm, maybe I was being overly negative?

Seriously, this hotel is hopelessly outdated and in need of significant repair. My room had several spots where you could see where there had been huge holes in the doors and walls and had been haphazardly repaired. The "high speed internet" advertised in the lobby, well, it doesn't exist. I had to poach some unsecured network I could barely pick up across the parking lot. Thanks "Drew," whoever you are. You allowed me to write this review. You might want to lock down that WiFi however. Somebody is going to end up surfing some websites that you're going to have trouble explaining to your wife or mother.

This was a rewards trip I booked and I'm usually much more careful in my research. This is the first time I haven't checked out a hotel on Trip Advisor first. The website looked decent, and I was only staying for one night, so I thought "what the heck?" Big mistake. If I hadn't arrived at nearly 10:00 at night, I would have promptly left, even if it meant I had paid in cash and they wouldn't give me a refund. Seriously. I didn't even bother with the free breakfast in the morning. That's says a lot considering some of the experiences I've had in Eastern Europe.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank fire_chief92
Cohocton
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Services were very fast and very affordable! Hospitality was wonderful and truely enjoyed my stay.
Great communication with employees, room was extremely clean and all was quiet! I would stay here again without a doubt. Easy access and great location!

Room Tip: Everything was extremely enjoyable and all had great communication! Excellent hospitality and very c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business