“Nice Surprise on the Delaware”

Charcoal Steak's 'n Things
Reserve with OpenTable
Charcoal Steak's 'n Things is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Yardley
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I had come to Yardley to visit a new antique shop on S. Main Street. The shopkeeper suggested that if we wanted a good lunch to try CHARCOAL, a restaurant right on the Delaware. It is on the second floor of the building and the view is lovely. We were greeted by a friendly hostess as well as wait staff. We arrived around 12:30 pm and the restaurant was busy but not full. We were seated at a table away from the windows but when a table by the windows became available our server asked if we would like to move which I thought was very considerate - we didn't ask for a window seat but with the view, I guess this is preferable. We were given breakfast as well as luncheon menus and we opted for lunch. My husband ordered the turkey club which really wasn't a "true" club - It was just a real big sandwich between two pieces of bread and not three. It looked and tasted good. I opted for the luncheon special which was a grilled corned beef with swiss cheese and sorry to say, I was disappointed. The corned beef was very chewy and fatty. The server asked if we were enjoying our lunch and I decided to be honest. She truly apologized and offered to bring me the luncheon menu again so that I could make another choice but I declined. We were also given a choice of "sides". My husband chose the medley of olives and almonds which was really "different" and the portion was more than ample. I opted for the sweet potato fries which came out hot and they were delicious. The restaurant is immaculately clean. The service was excellent and we would return again even with having a disappointment on our first visit.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Have eaten breakfast here many times, can't beat the food and the daytime view.
Dinner was excellent, very flavorful and interesting choices. Attentive service. Just didn't like the lighting, small table lamps would be cozier than the hanging ones.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast on my way to Philly and so very glad I did! The French toast and turkey bacon was delicious! My friend had the blueberry pistachio pancakes and loved them. I'm definitely going to come back for dinner.

2  Thank Artsylena
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

We have breakfast here often & always enjoy ... especially the view of the Delaware River. Plus food consistently good & reasonable and service fab. They are super crowded on weekends & understandably so. However NOT too impressed tonight w/ dinner or pricing. I don't eat much but the portions were small especially when they are served on a plate the size of a charger plate. Dessert was nice and very creatively presented. I wonder why they stopped serving Columbe Coffee from Phila and now serve Ellis also indigenous to Phila??? I don't know if we will go back for dinner. Dinner is much better at the Yardley Inn just a short 1/2 block north on the Delaware River. Eben Copple is a genius chef @ The Yardley Inn.

2  Thank JENNIE-A
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Easily the best restaurant in Yardley area. Menu always offers something for every taste bud; food always fresh, inventively prepared and presented; staff consistently attentive.

2  Thank Mrscissors