“Outstanding food and great service”
Review of Charming Garden

Charming Garden
Ranked #39 of 45 Restaurants in Yardley
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Clinton, Mississippi
“Outstanding food and great service”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Had a meal there recently with a group of 40 people from our local community. Everything was excellent. The food in Chinese restaurants is often lacking in quality but not here. It was fresh, flavorful and plentiful. Even the dessert (fresh fruit) was of outstanding quality. This was our first visit to this restaurant but we are already looking forward to returning. The service was very attentive and the food reasonable and delicious. We were very satisfied with this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Walked out...”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Extremely disappointed. Walked in, sat at a table for 15-20 minutes, never even got a look from one single server. The tables are crammed so close together that people are sitting on top of one another and the room was extremely loud. Needless to say, we got up and walked out. Will never go there again and will recommend my friends to never go there either.

• Visited December 2013
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Something changed here. Keep driving”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I don't know what is happening here but the place has changed. I would strongly recommend that you choose another chinese restaurant. I ordered the chicken cashew with broccoli and my friend ordered the compow chicken. So disappointing. Charming Gardens is more expensive than most chinese restarants in the area but in the past the portions and quality made up for it. There was barely any chicken in my dish along with my friends. Most of it went in the trash. We spend 35.00 for two dishes and a soup and appetizer. Waste of good money . Obviously they are not reading these reviews. They offered to replace it but it is too late.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank travelguy1907
Yardley, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent Food, Great Value”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Not sure what the naysayers are eating, but this is our favorite Chinese restaurant in the area. Admittedly, we don't eat Japanese, but the Chinese food is the freshest you'll find and the service is great. Lunch runs around $20 with taxes, soda, and tip. How many restaurants have you been in where they cut the fresh vegetables at a table in the corner while you eat? We highly recommend this place (at least for the Chinese food). We cannot offer an opinion on the Japanese food, since we don't partake of that.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank newdayrj
“Used to be the best - now it's awful”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We used to go to CG all the time for take out and the food was always top notch. Over the past year or two it started to become more of a hit or miss - sometimes the food was good - other times it was just fair. Today was the last straw - I order the chicken curry dish that was always one of my favorites. All I could taste was black pepper - no Thai flavor at all - and the sauce had a thick layer of oil on it - totally disgusting. I threw most of it out. Never again.

• Visited June 2013