“Great Place, Slightly Overpriced”
Review of Yardley Inn

Yardley Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Yardley Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Yardley
Cuisines: American, French, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. Delaware Ave.
Description: The Yardley Inn Restaurant, Bar & Farm, named "Best Restaurant in Bucks" for 2012 and 2013, is known for its contemporary American cuisine prepared and served by a staff with a passion for superior service. The diverse menu is sure to satisfy any appetite, mood, or craving. The dining room offers a warm ambiance and fabulous waterfront views while the patio provides comfortable outdoor seating surrounded by nature. The Inn continues its commitment to serve the highest quality products, from local dairy, chicken, and pork to produce from its own Riverside Kitchen Garden and farm plot on River Road. The vibrant bar scene delivers a smooth social setting, live entertainment on Saturday nights, and Five for $5 at 5:00 daily drink and appetizer specials. Nestled along the Delaware River in bucolic Bucks County, the Yardley Inn is just 20 miles from the city, making it a great place to enjoy waterside dining near Philadelphia. Enjoy lunch and dinner specials with three satisfying courses at a reasonable cost. The Yardley Inn offers dining options for private parties, business meetings, and special events, plus monthly wine samplings, special themed beer or wine dinners, and more.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

The Yardley Inn & Farm is located right on the Delaware River. Depending upon where you are seated, you may or may not have a view of the river. Outdoor seating is very limited. The overall vibe of the place is rather cool, but not "trendy cool".

The food is great as well. The menu is rather diverse. The Yardley Inn recently added "& Farm" to their name, which reflects their desire to present farm fresh flavors. The flavors and presentation are top notch. I do feel as if the prices on their menu do not reflect the portion that you receive. I have eaten at plenty of restaurants that fit into the Yardley Inn bracket. The portions at Yardley are on the small side. This forces you to buy 3 courses in order to feel like you have actually eaten a meal. I realize that at "nicer" establishments it is about the flavor and not the size, but the sizes are still way too small for what they are charging. Overall, the food is good, but not worth the price.

The service I received was outstanding. The Yardley Inn truly presents itself as a welcoming and warm environment.

My wife and I visited this location on a weekday night for dinner. Would recommend khakis and polos for the gentlemen. There were those who were wearing jackets. Khakis and polo would be the most casual I would dress for this place.

Summary: this place is cool enough that I would visit again. If we only had one evening out and really wanted to make it count, I would probably elect to travel over to Princeton. I have eaten at places in Princeton, spent the same amount of money, and been much more impressed (see my other reviews). Check out the menu online and go if you see something that impresses you. Again, the quality and service will satisfy.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Excellent location on the River. Were here for a group function with a set menu. Salads were fresh and crisp. Bread/rolls served were outstanding. My filet was cooked perfectly and my wifes salmon was pronounced delicious. Desserts were very good. Drink prices were reasonable and well made.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We tried the Yardley Inn for the first time tonight. It was a terrible disappointment. We had a seat with a lovely view of the river. Our server, Rich, was competent but not very talkative or friendly. My wife had the Filet Mignon and I had the Bison Flank Steak, both of which were specials. The Filet was very tender but unseasoned. The Au Gratin potatoes were made with a very sharp cheese which did not work. The creamed spinach was not creamed but was otherwise ok. The Flank Steak was very tough and fairly tasteless. It came with escarole and wild rice. The escarole was so heavily salted that it was inedible. The rice was ok but dumped on top of the escarole, absorbing the salt. Our deserts, a flourless brownie Sundae and Chocolate Buttercream Cake were nothing special. The coffee was cold.
By all standards, the meal was mediocre. Considering that the cost was equal to that of the finest restaurants in center city Philadelphia, it was really bad. There are many better restaurants in a Bucks County. Do not waste your time or money at the a Yardley Inn.

2  Thank Charles L
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We visited last year and had enjoyed our meal, so visited again. The welcome was warm. We were shown to a table overlooking the river which was most pleasing. We both had the fish and chips which were very good and I had a creme brûlée which is one of the best I have had anywhere.

Service was pleasing and the restaurant was calm and peaceful.

A glass of Pinot Grigio and a coffee completed a very pleasant repast.

Certainly worth a visit.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had taken a business partner there for dinner, and the food was ok but nothing great, the place is quite small and hard to move around in, the bar is even tighter, I expected a grand meal and was somewhat disappointed, the prices were ok ( for Yardley ) but this place needs some serious work due to it being so close to the Delaware river it floods out on a regular basis and I believe that is the reason why it's in a sad state of business