“Will definitely become a favorite spot to dine!”
Review of Yardley Inn

Yardley Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Yardley Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Yardley
Cuisines: American, French, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. Delaware Ave.
Description: The Yardley Inn Restaurant, Bar & Farm, named "Best Restaurant in Bucks" for 2012 and 2013, is known for its contemporary American cuisine prepared and served by a staff with a passion for superior service. The diverse menu is sure to satisfy any appetite, mood, or craving. The dining room offers a warm ambiance and fabulous waterfront views while the patio provides comfortable outdoor seating surrounded by nature. The Inn continues its commitment to serve the highest quality products, from local dairy, chicken, and pork to produce from its own Riverside Kitchen Garden and farm plot on River Road. The vibrant bar scene delivers a smooth social setting, live entertainment on Saturday nights, and Five for $5 at 5:00 daily drink and appetizer specials. Nestled along the Delaware River in bucolic Bucks County, the Yardley Inn is just 20 miles from the city, making it a great place to enjoy waterside dining near Philadelphia. Enjoy lunch and dinner specials with three satisfying courses at a reasonable cost. The Yardley Inn offers dining options for private parties, business meetings, and special events, plus monthly wine samplings, special themed beer or wine dinners, and more.
Aberdeen, Maryland
“Will definitely become a favorite spot to dine!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This quaint restaurant is settled on the Delaware River. The food is extraordinary, and the staff is very professional and friendly. The atmosphere is amazing and the view is incredible! The restaurant even has a little garden that they maintain so that they may use fresh and locally grown ingredients in their dishes. Absolutely one of my favorite restaurants.

Visited January 2013

New York City, New York
“Great food, good service, nice environment”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I dined at this restaurant with a group of family friends before the holidays. It was wonderful. When we arrived, we were promptly seated in a cozy dining room decked out for the holidays. Our appetizers were great (I shared the cheese plate, and it was good), and the wine list was ample (I had a good glass of red). Our main courses were excellent. Definitely order the Shrimp Malfatti-- AMAZING. My brother ordered the meatloaf and said it was great. My mom had the lump crab cake and said it was fantastic because it was full of lump crab meat (not fillers, like in many other places). The dessert was also wonderful. The crème brulee was great, and the brownie sundae looked awesome (and massive).

The service was good and the dining room was really warm and cozy.

I've only been here for dinner, but the restaurant had a supposedly great lunch special. I will definitely come here for lunch soon.

• Visited December 2012
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Not worth it”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times for lunch and dinner, even hosting a party here a few years ago. This place had so much potential, it is located in a very nice area, great parking, great views. The food is nothing special, but they want you to think that by charging ridiculous prices, somehow the food " must be worth it ". However, the worst thing about this restaurant is the service. We have sat for 45 minutes waiting for our dirty dishes to be removed. We have gotten the bill and had not been asked about coffee or dessert. We have ordered lunch and waited over 30 minutes for a salad when we needed to get back to work. When you complain, they seem to be interested but nothing changes. I don't know the owner but I did speak to him once and he had an excuse for everything. Not interested in ever going back there again when there are many great restaurants in Yardley that would appreciate our business.

5 Thank jerseygirl047
Jersey Shore
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I went to Yardley Inn to celebrate a birthday of a friend. We arrived at 8 pm for our reservation and started at the bar as our table was not ready. The bar area was very busy for a Friday night. Our drinks were poured and then we were seated. The dining room is very cozy and warm. Our friends have been to the Inn on a number of occasions and stated that it was quality, consistent food. We started with a three tier starter. The calamari and disco fries were very nicely cooked and had good flavors. The "Devils On Horseback" (bacon wrapped dates), however, were actually burnt and the bacon was overcooked. For the meal, the table had ordered the trout, crabcake, scallops (twice) and wild boar special (twice). Our guests said that the trout filet and crabcake were enjoyable. The scallops were on the smaller side, but tasted nice said our other guests. The boar, which is a very difficult meat to cook, was average. I found that the sausage was burnt and overcooked. The ribs were not very tender, which could be from a lack of brining. Regardless though they were burnt (carmelized) and overcooked in my opinion. The server did ask me if I wanted something else because I did remark that what I was served was not what I expected. I declined because it would of been rude to send back, and did eat the more edible portions of the boar. I felt the pricing was a bit high for the quality of the food presented on the plate. This could of been an off night for the restaurant, but with so many other options for a quality meal in the area if I am going to spend $60 on two entrees and a drink, I would probably go elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank heartjersey
Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania
“Loud and Overpriced”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was my second visit in the last year. The first time I went we were seated in the bar area. It was so loud we asked to be moved and were seated in another area. It was slightly less loud. I ordered a special at the time and felt that the food was rather average in portion and taste for the price.

Last night we went there for dinner for my wife's birthday. She decided we should give the restaurant another try. Once again the restaurant was extremely loud. My daughter used a decibel app on her smart phone and the range of loudness was between 73dB - 89dB. An average restaurant should have a level of 60dB. 70dB is twice as loud. A motorcycle from 25 feet is 90dB which is four times as loud as 70dB. Trust me it was loud. The seating is so close that may also contribute to the loudness. Being close, my daughter was bumped a couple of times by the waitress at another table.

For dinner we had perogies and some edamame for appetizers. The edamame was terribly overcooked and the beans were mushy. The peogies had little stuffing and were, for the most part, tasteless. I had an 8 ounce filet, my daughter had lemon chicken, and my wife had pork. We didn't have drinks or dessert. My meal started with a wedge salad that was average. The dessing was a uttermilk dressinig that was bland and thin. They took my utensils after our appetizers and didn't bring any new utensils. I waited several minutes and finally asked another waiter for utensils. Typically at a nice restaurant you will be asked if you'd like fresh pepper with a wedge salad (or other items as well) but no one ever offered. My fillet was slightly charred on the outside and the sauce had a burned flavor as well. Not very good. I couldn't finish my fillet. It was slightly undercooked but I don't mind that. Others may have an issue with bloody meat. My daughter said her food was OK but that she's had better. My wife thought her pork was good. It cost me about $120 without tip and about $145 with tip.

I travel all over the world and know good food in a good restaurant should cost. I also know what average food with a nice atmosphere costs. This was average food in an average atmosphere and not worth the price. There are other restaurants in the area with similar views with better food and reasonable prices.

• Visited December 2012