“From freezer to deep fryer”
Review of Continental Tavern

Continental Tavern
Ranked #11 of 47 Restaurants in Yardley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

It's a shame this well positioned restaurant is such a disappointment. The burger used to be good and freshly made. Now they're right out of the freezer. It seems the whole menu comes out of the freezer and right into the deep fryer or the griddle. The bar is also a disappointment. I mean a draft is a draft but if you have a martini or a Manhattan there is an up-charge included on the bill, but not listed. Service is ok but the decor has a mid-western cheap motel feel to.

Emmet M, Public Relations Manager at Continental Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for your feedback. All of our burgers are prepared fresh daily. This is part of the reason why we have been awarded "Best Burger in Bucks."

Prices of martinis or Manhattans are listed on the chalkboard or in the drinks menu. There are no hidden up-charges.

Emmet

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went on my birthday to have a chocolate martini, and it was the worse drink ever. The bartender had to search for the ingredients and whatt she came up with tasted like no chocolate martini I have ever tasted.

Emmet M, Public Relations Manager at Continental Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Hi Monalisa,

Happy belated birthday!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Normally, we do not offer Chocolate Martinis. We try to go the extra mile for our customers, especially on their birthday.

I think you'll enjoy our very popular Pumpkin or S'more Martini:)

I hope you will visit the Continental Tavern again for a more positive experience.

Emmet

Reviewed September 30, 2013

On holiday from England my Wife and I had been to Philla for the day and having got off the train decided to have a little drink and a few snacks. On a previous visit to the area I remember going to the Continental and recommended it to my Wife. Some times I get it right! The Staff were excellent, customers very chatty and welcoming and the Nacho & Wings very good. I like America and this place continued to support my opinion.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I'd heard about this place a couple of years ago, and had been wanting to try it. We don't live that close, and never seem to go to Yardley. We finally decided to try this place out tonight, just my husband and I. It was a beautiful night, so we opted to eat outside, where we could see the lake across the street. The service was great, our waiter was very attentive. My broccoli cheddar soup was very good...I would have preferred some actual broccoli in it. My husband ordered the Reuben, and I got the Classic Burger...our food came out fairly quickly, it was hot, and we enjoyed it. We definitely would come back, with our kids.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was in town for business and a local colleague suggested this spot to watch the Eagles Thursday night NFL game. Started with some appetizers, crab dip, onion rings, and philly steak spring rolls. We really liked all three choices and almost ate so many that we almost ruined our appetite. I just added a burger and it was cooked perfectly with good flavor. We thought it was a cool place to hang out and enjoyed the atmosphere. One thing that confused me, they had a live performer in the bar on a night that the Eagles were playing on TV, seemed kind of odd when everyone was there to watch the game and then couldn't hear it.