“Gathering place for locals”
Review of Continental Tavern

Continental Tavern
Ranked #11 of 47 Restaurants in Yardley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a place I can confidently take my guests or meet up with local friends for a drink and a bite to eat. I really like their pulled pork sliders along with one of the many beers they serve on tap. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank sherried2

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We walked out of the Yardley Vault restaurant (see my other review) and headed to the Continental Tavern in Yardley, just down the block. I was so relieved to be there. We had a mature bartender who poured a great drink and we munched on the wings cooked to our liking. I've eaten here many times and the food is always consistently good.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Beautiful building and great atmosphere this place gives you the local upscale tavern feel. Many months ago they were going to upgrade the menu. I have not seen it at all. The food here is basically poor quality for the dollar. We went the other night with friends and they do have a nice beer selection on tap and the staff was nice. To me it is a shame that this wonderful place in downtown Yardley has such crappy food. This was our third time at the Continental with hopes that it would be getting better. This is my last visit...try Vault instead they have a wonderful menu and the food is very good.

1  Thank cmpqse
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We live in Yardley and every few months or so go to the Tavern for a family meal. While our service is always good, the food has gotten progressively worse. Today we ordered cream of tomato soup that was somewhat curdled (I suspect that they put the cream in a hot soup instead of tempering it), a soggy veggie burger, and fries made from reconstituted potatoes. The worst part of the meal, however, was the chicken pot pie that tasted, strangely, of mustard instead of white sauce, and had *not one* piece of chicken in it. When we brought this to our server's attention, she dutifully went to talk to the kitchen, and came back with the message from the chef that "we puree the chicken so you won't see chunks." 'Nuf said. We won't be going back again.

3  Thank LWaldron
Emmet M, Public Relations Manager at Continental Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your visit at the Continental Tavern was not as positive as you hoped for.

We now have a new Chef and hope that you can come visit us again.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We went here a few weeks ago, the renovations they made are wonderful. The food and service were fine, typical of a bar style menu Cheeseburgers, ribs etc. I would go back but its not my favorite local place.

1  Thank WarmweatherHeather