“Been here a couple times...”
Review of Indian Garden

Indian Garden
Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Yardley
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

And I just don't get the other reviews. Compared to some of the Indian restaurants in New Jersey (that's just across the river, folks), Indian Garden is just average.

However, I've only been to the restaurant for the lunch buffet, never for dinner. So, maybe I'm missing something...

Reviewed May 11, 2013

There is a reason Indian Garden is top ranked. We went on a Saturday night on a lark with no reservations. Got there at 7:00 p.m. and it was packed but even so we were sat in less than 5 minutes. It is very small with lots of tables and subsequent noise, however the attentiveness of the staff and food outweighs the (not so bad) ambience. By the way it is a BYOB and the prices are excellent. We ordered two appetizers (Bread Basket - Indian Bread not American + Onion Fritters), 4 meals (Chicken and vegetables on a hot plate with a wonderful sauce) and then the (Lamb, Chicken and Shrimp - all separate in own sauces) + extra order of Naan and two desserts...total price $74.00 which we thought was a very solid value. Sorry to all, I normally take pictures and remember the items we ordered but there are so many good things I can't remember the names. Ultimately the proteins were very well cooked, the breads excellent, the desserts, unique. The only thing we didn't like was the onion fritters which were overdone. Although we waited for quit some time for our waitress to get to us, once she did her service was outstanding and the food came fast. What I really like were the busyboys/waterboys who were on it - never a half empty glass of water. I ordered the chicken dish with a sauce and the waitress asked how spicy I wanted it - I like spice/hot very much - and I ordered the "American Hot" vs. "Indian Hot" (waitress description). American hot was VERY HOT even for me so be warned. All of the sauces had great flavors. We plan on making this a regular stop due to the friendliness of the staff, BYOB (don't even think they charged a corkage fee), excellent food and price. Finally the owner (I believe) came out and walked the tables to see how things were...that is the way to ensure everyone is happy. Go, you won't be disappointed at least for dinner (as I read that the buffet is mediocre).

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went there for dinner and the waitstaff was very attentive. The place was just about empty when I arrived at about 5:30 but quickly filled up, the dining room is on the dark side, I was by myself and I like to read but it was almost too dark. I got the Malai Kabob and it was absolutely amazing. The chicken was perfect and the spice wasn't too much, I ordered it medium on the waiters recommendation. I also got an order of Naan, it was so light and fluffy I couldn't get enough. I ended up with enough food to have 1/2 for lunch tomorrow, I'm looking forward to the left overs!! I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area!

1  Thank Izzy H
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have not eaten at the restaurant but have taken out many a times. This is good Indian home cooking. Great to have this place in Yardley. Wished they delivered, we would order from here more often.

Food always tastes good, never too greasy. People at front counter very friendly and know how to treat people well.

If you live nearby or are in the area and you crave good Indian food, this is not only your only option but its a good one too.

1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Always terrific. Food and service are consistent. Very friendly staff. Will accommodate whatever you want.

1  Thank JG1Lambertville