“Nice Local Restaurant”

Ranked #13 of 48 Restaurants in Yardley
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Heacock Road
Description: Italian Restaurant. BYOB. Serving Veal - Chicken - Seafood - Pasta - Steaks - Pizza - Paninis. Online ordering available on our website for take out and delivery.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Christine's is one a nice, non-chain local restaurant. My husband and I go to Christine's for "special" occassions, which for us means getting out without little ones! It's a good choice for couples, and adults, although they do have a children's menu that is delicious and reasonable. It is a more "intimate" setting. Our last visit was for breakfast which was fantastic! We both chose the crunchy french toast with berries and whipped cream and the total for two plus a single serving of potoatoes and sausage (for my hubby), was $21.00 plus tip. The only thing that could have made it better was real maple syrup to go with our delicious and homemade french toast.

1  Thank Willabe

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Visiting here on business I decided I wanted a fine dining restaurant this evening in February 2013. It was a bit hard to find; I had Googled it ahead of time but there is no sign on the road telling the restaurant is in the small office complex and you cannot see any sign showing the restaurant off the main road. I had to phone twice to get the specific directions but it is right at a traffic light which was convenient.
It was a Tuesday night, arrived about 6:00 PM and was promptly seated. They bring a hot roll, a pizza-like piece of bread topped with tomato sauce, a plate of pitted Greek olives and a plate with spices on it for you to add the virgin olive oil from the decanter on the table for adding to your bread. This was enjoyable and the waiter asked if more bread was wanted and brought it within 5 minutes.
I chose a 3 course dinner for $25 which I chose a Caesar salad, a shrimp and pasta dish and a cheese cake for dessert. The salad came promptly after ordering, was an acceptable amount of lettuce but the lettuce must have been washed first as the dressing was “watery” and not really tasting like much. This was not a very good Caesar salad. Munched on the olives and bread and that made up for it!
While waiting I noticed various patrons arriving that must have been locals with their “brown bag” under arm. This restaurant and many others I noticed from the reviews, do not have a liquor license to serve liquor (thus no wine list either) but you can bring your own bottle (BYOB) and enjoy your own wine with dinner. They provide the wine glasses on the table and I was wondering why mine was immediately removed after I sat down.
The entre arrived within 10 minutes, was hot and steamy which I like. It was okay, had a wide pasta noodle but I couldn’t tell if it was made or purchased. Anyway, the 6 shrimp in this combo with garlic, mini tomatoes and spices and butter was good; but not outstanding. I managed to polish most off as I was very hungry.
The dessert I was told was a chocolate chip cheese cake, and when it came I was extremely disappointed in it. It was a premade small round cake, with I guess what they called “cheese cake” and a hard graham cracker style crust that was hard to cut. They topped it with lots of whip cream to make it appear it was bigger. Not fooling me! This was a lousy dessert; and wasn’t the “piece of cheese cake” that I was expecting when I ordered. I also had a cup of coffee at the same time which was okay; nothing fantastic.
I was out of the restaurant in under an hour and business seemed to pick up for them. It appeared to be a fairly good restaurant for locals. I only rate this as good restaurant; nothing to write home about.

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Christine's has the opportunity to be a fabulous restaurant but they have to start getting their act together. We have been here for lunch and dinner, and we recently found out that they serve breakfast. We went 2 weeks ago, and the place really does look nice when you first walk in, but it doesn't give you the "glad you are here" feeling. We waited between 4-5 minutes to be acknowledged, and were then seated. What is the first thing you do when you have customers for breakfast- see if they want coffee. We waited at least 10-12 minutes before our waitress came over- there were 3 other tables, but it looked to me that they had all been served. My bf was trying to flag the waitress down when she was was at the table next to us, but the waitress, in my opinion, made believe she didn't notice. It was ridiculous. I don't know why she kept doing that. Finally she walked over to us, and I said something like " so glad you are here, we are all dying for coffee" and she said "oh I can see that, that's why I came right over ". What?? The food was presented beautifully ( we all got omelettes) but was absolutely sitting back there for minutes as all the omelettes were slightly warm. Nobody wanted to send theirs back because we knew it would be a problem. Then we had to wait again for water, more coffee, etc. what in the world was the waitress doing? At one point a table of 2 older men were seated next to us. Our waitress (the only one we see in the dining room) brings menus to them after a couple of minutes. We manage to get her attention and gesture by holding up our empty coffee cups. 5 minutes later she goes to their table and gets a drink order. 5 minutes later she brings out their juice. 5 minutes later she comes to take their order, and that is when she decided or remembered to bring our coffee. This place has so much potential but they just can't get it together. We won't be back. Just too much aggravation.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

When our father recently turned 80 years old we were looking for a nice, affordable place to have a get together for him. My siblings and I are very glad we picked Christine's. Jim and Rob made it very easy to organize the party. We decided to have the party in the early afternoon and went with the Sunday brunch menu. Many of our guest Commented on the great coffee and delicious omelets (especially the meat lovers and the veggie.) One uncle stated that the veggie omelet was the best he ever ate. To make things easier we also got the cake through them and were very pleased. The only thing my husband was a little disappointed in was that there was nothing to really go with the chicken marsala like rice etc. Other than that we had a wonderful get together and certainly would use Christine's again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We and another couple dined on a busy Saturday evening. We had a booth which we thought was going to be tight, but worked out fine. There are a large number of fish and seafood selections. I had a chicken and shrimp and 2 others had a lobster ravioli which they both loved. the fourth member of our party had the sea bass which was done perfectly. They are a BYOB so bring wine. That are the plusses. The minuses include the coconut shrimp (3 for $12) and the salads, specifically the caesar salad. off taste and very expensive. Stay away from the appetizers and you will be fine. Desserts were good, not great.