“A lot of potential, but won't be back”

Christine's Restauant
Reserve with OpenTable
Christine's Restauant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 45 Restaurants in Yardley
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Heacock Road
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“A lot of potential, but won't be back”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Christine's has the opportunity to be a fabulous restaurant but they have to start getting their act together. We have been here for lunch and dinner, and we recently found out that they serve breakfast. We went 2 weeks ago, and the place really does look nice when you first walk in, but it doesn't give you the "glad you are here" feeling. We waited between 4-5 minutes to be acknowledged, and were then seated. What is the first thing you do when you have customers for breakfast- see if they want coffee. We waited at least 10-12 minutes before our waitress came over- there were 3 other tables, but it looked to me that they had all been served. My bf was trying to flag the waitress down when she was was at the table next to us, but the waitress, in my opinion, made believe she didn't notice. It was ridiculous. I don't know why she kept doing that. Finally she walked over to us, and I said something like " so glad you are here, we are all dying for coffee" and she said "oh I can see that, that's why I came right over ". What?? The food was presented beautifully ( we all got omelettes) but was absolutely sitting back there for minutes as all the omelettes were slightly warm. Nobody wanted to send theirs back because we knew it would be a problem. Then we had to wait again for water, more coffee, etc. what in the world was the waitress doing? At one point a table of 2 older men were seated next to us. Our waitress (the only one we see in the dining room) brings menus to them after a couple of minutes. We manage to get her attention and gesture by holding up our empty coffee cups. 5 minutes later she goes to their table and gets a drink order. 5 minutes later she brings out their juice. 5 minutes later she comes to take their order, and that is when she decided or remembered to bring our coffee. This place has so much potential but they just can't get it together. We won't be back. Just too much aggravation.

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“Great place for a small party”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

When our father recently turned 80 years old we were looking for a nice, affordable place to have a get together for him. My siblings and I are very glad we picked Christine's. Jim and Rob made it very easy to organize the party. We decided to have the party in the early afternoon and went with the Sunday brunch menu. Many of our guest Commented on the great coffee and delicious omelets (especially the meat lovers and the veggie.) One uncle stated that the veggie omelet was the best he ever ate. To make things easier we also got the cake through them and were very pleased. The only thing my husband was a little disappointed in was that there was nothing to really go with the chicken marsala like rice etc. Other than that we had a wonderful get together and certainly would use Christine's again.

• Visited December 2012
Jamison, Pennsylvania
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We and another couple dined on a busy Saturday evening. We had a booth which we thought was going to be tight, but worked out fine. There are a large number of fish and seafood selections. I had a chicken and shrimp and 2 others had a lobster ravioli which they both loved. the fourth member of our party had the sea bass which was done perfectly. They are a BYOB so bring wine. That are the plusses. The minuses include the coconut shrimp (3 for $12) and the salads, specifically the caesar salad. off taste and very expensive. Stay away from the appetizers and you will be fine. Desserts were good, not great.

• Visited January 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Charming BYOB”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a my friend's favorite place as he is a local. It was my first time here. We were greeted immediately, seated immediately. Sean, our server, corked our wine and gave us some time to peruse the menu. I had a Caesar salad and the grilled salmon. It was a perfect experience. I tried their red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. It was an odd shade of neon pink but scrumptious nonetheless. The location is unusual--sort of an office park complex. I highly recommend it.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“New Years Eve”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had 8:30 reservations for Christine’s on New Year’s Eve, the restaurant is small but the seating is still comfortable and intimate. There was a smaller menu for this night then at other times, we started off with a crab and shrimp appetizer and a plate of calamari , both dishes were excellent in texture, taste and presentation. A lobster bisque soup in a brandy crème sauce, was delicious to the last spoonful and one of Christine’s house salads rounded out the beginning of our dinner. My wife selected the signature steak , and I ordered the lamb chops. Both dishes were accompanied with a potato and vegetable of the night. The entrees were adequate, nothing spectacular or wanting a second try. Choice of deserts was good, along with espresso and coffee. This restaurant is also a BYOB, and the servers make it seamless. Overall, excellent service , medium price , and good food.

• Visited December 2012