“AWESOME Groupon Visit, SO PLEASED”

Christine's Restauant
Reserve with OpenTable
Christine's Restauant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 46 Restaurants in Yardley
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Heacock Road
Bensalem, PA
“AWESOME Groupon Visit, SO PLEASED”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My mother and I tried this place out on a Groupon and, boy, are we glad we did! The place is a bit tough to find (past Oxford Valley Mall/Sesame Place) in a business complex..but it is such a cozy and clean/pretty spot once you enter.

The decor is fancy and upscale without being pretentious. It's a BYOB but they have soft drinks and an amazing unsweetened iced tea on tap. The table cloths are linen, and the servers are polite, sweet, and so attentive. Our waitress was Amy and she was AMAZING.

We got one appetizer to split, and we chose the fried cheese plate, which was really yummy. Not too much food, nor was it greasy. Perfect. The bread they serve is warm and yummy and they also give oil to dip it in.

My mother and I both had the filet mignon, and we were thrilled. Good size, cooked just as we wanted (med rare) and it came with mashed potatoes and veggies. Everything was yummy. We adored the iced tea and the refills were prompt.

For dessert we split a chocolate chip cheese cake. It was a nice size (bigger than a fist), yummy, and just smooth and creamy enough to leave you happy and not weighed down.

We would definately come back, and ask for Amy to serve us. She was great and the whole experience was amazing. I'd recommend this for dates, families, couples, etc. A cozy spot for a fine meal. (Yes, jeans are okay to wear!) We saw all ages and types there. A good place to eat!

• Visited December 2012

Pennsylvania
“Delicious dinner”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We got a groupon for dinner for two and it included an appetizer to share, soup or salad, any entree and a dessert to share. The place is really beautiful but tucked away and hard to find in the dark. The GPS got us there.

Our appetizer was the antipasto and it was more than enough for two to share. We had butternut squash soup that was outstanding. I ordered the crab cakes and it came with 2 very large cakes, full of large chunks of crab! They were delicious! In addition to the crab, it was served with mashed potatoes and a large amount of fresh green beans, snap peas and carrots. It's rare to find such a good amount of vegetables! We shared a huge piece of carrot cake. Our young wattress was friendly and helpful in making suggestions. I only wish I could remember her name! I would definitely eat here again but it's a distance from my house. So I will recommend to those that I know live closer.

The bill was 1/2 off with the groupon!

• Visited December 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
“Disappointed..... Totally”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've lived in the area for over 8 yrs and never been here until a friend 'raved' about it and sent me a link to Living Social for a $15 coupon..... WELL.... What can I say? Very Disappointing!!! My husband had the Veal w/ crab - it was So Bland and tasteless ... I had the seafood risotto - uggh! I should have stayed at the Bonefish Grill for dinner instead of just cocktails....this dish was 'thrown' together. The mussels didn't even open and they served it!!! Im still 'looking' for the Shitake mushrooms!!!....Can you say? ADD Some Flavor!?!! However!!! On a Brighter note? Our waitress Kathy was delightful... When she finally came back to find out how our meal was...... She told the Manager...( who Never came over) 'He' took it off our bill...... I was Not looking for a discounted meal!!! I was just trying to make it better for other guests... I gave it all back to Kathy in her tip. Hopefully this will be a Learning experience for the chef and Manager? Really?? You NEVER came over to talk to us???? Definitely will NOT go back to Christine's ...... Sorry! Not worth it.... go to Carlucci's or The Bonefish Grill.

• Visited October 2012
5 Thank Weddingwoman
Yardley, PA
“Horrible Brunch”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We'd actually had inner here once, and it was pretty lame, not horrible but surely not good. For some crazy reason we decided to try the brunch they'd advertised. So we put on some nice clothes and headed over, it is fairly close by. Although it is an attractive place, the decor is rather tired and dated, and a little sprucing up , modernizing, would help. But the atmosphere is the least of the problem here. We were almost alone in the place, and we waited eagerly for our omelet and eggs benedict. Not worth the wait. My omelet was lousy and surely not as good as the ones we make ourselves, but the Eggs Benedict my husband had were unreal. There was some slimy dark yellow gelatinous substance on it, purportedly Hollandaise...this was not only not Hollandaise, it was hideous and awful. Not sure what other diners got, or what was going on, but we will never set foot in this substandard place again. Save your money, eat somewhere with a real chef.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank LuckyLynnie
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Christine's Restauant is a great place for a nice dinner”
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Christine's Restauant is a very nice place to go for dinner. The food is always good. I love their cream of mushroom soup. They always have good specials.
Bring your favorite bottle of wine; BYOB.
The wait staff us always classy and professional. Kathy is our favorite.
The restaurant is nicely decorated. They have nice covered porch for dining too.
Plenty of parking.