Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
$119
$115
Element.com
$149
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne(Langhorne)(Great Value!)
$93
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley(Langhorne)(Great Value!)
$76
$144
$116
$85
$71
$99
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdunkin donutsfront deskoffice parksesame placebusiness parkcomplimentary breakfastroom was cleannice hotelwaffleswould stay here againthe breakfast areabucks countyshort driveeasy accessnew jerseyconvenient locationstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed at Hampton Inn Newtown for our family trip to Sesame Place. In our previous trips, we had stayed at the Residence Inn close to the park. As the rate at Marriott was substantially more, we tried the Hampton.

Checking in late on Friday, we were given room 137. It smelled heavily of mold and was very stuffy, plus there seemed to be a large group staying in the adjacent rooms making a lot of noise. The front desk agent quickly moved us to 337. That room was much better--clean and quiet.

Breakfast was good, but very busy both days, but there has to be a better way than to have just one waffle maker!?!

The hotel is a short drive to Sesame Place and restaurants in the vicinity.

Overall, we saved about $100 by staying at the Hampton Inn. I would recommend this place as long as it represents a savings over the other local hotels

1  Thank trey703
Reviewed July 22, 2010

A weekend to remember! Very nice staff, very clean room, excellent sleep!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2010

My family and I just came back from sesame place after going for our
first time. First off I just want to say how much our daughter absolutely loved the park. She is 2 1/2 and had such an amazing time. Everything we did and saw at the park was worth all the time and money we spent to be there. Unfortunately we can not say the same about the hotel we stayed at. We chose to stay at the hampton inn. It was close and had a room with a seperate bedroom which was important because
our daughter is so young she still takes naps and this way she could be alone. When we booked the vacation we booked the same trip as friends of ours. We wanted to get rooms close to each other so we would be able to spend time with each other while the children napped. Not only were the rooms not near each other but they were the farthest away they could possibly be. We had room 338
and the had room 112. Also it took twenty minutes to check in due to a computer issue and then a half hour later the keys to the room did not work. When my wife went downstairs to get the new keys (she is 8 months pregnant) she and my daughter got trapped in the elevator for five minutes. When she got to the front desk all they said was "oh sorry about that" We all had such a great time at the park that we will definitely be back in the future, however we definitely will not be staying at the hampton inn.

2  Thank rnelso7613
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We booked this hotel through a package with Sesame Place, and we were not disappointed. I typically do a lot of research before booking a vacation, and this was no exception. Our family consisted of myself, my husband, our 3 year old daughter, my mother, and my sister. We had a double suite, which included 2 double beds in the bedroom, and a pull-out sofa in the living area. We also had a kitchenette which had a stovetop, refrigerator, and dishwasher. The service was great, we quickly received extra towels when we asked for them, and the housekeeper even folded my 3 year-old's special blanket, fluffed her Dora pillow, and arranged her stuffed animals every day when we were gone. The included breakfast was good - there was always enough variety for everyone to find something that they liked. Because we are traveling with a little one, we did have to do a load of laundry at the hotel, and the machines did a fine job. The pool was also very clean. What I liked the most was that almost everyone we saw at the hotel was traveling with their family, which made me feel that I made a good choice, and also reassured me that the majority of hotel stayers understood what it is like to travel with kids :) We were approximately 10 minutes from Sesame Place, and with the traffic, about 40ish minutes from Adventure Aquarium in New Jersey, and about the same from the Philadelphia Zoo. We were given a code for the free WiFi, and were also able to print tickets that we had purchased online for the aquarium for free in the business/conference room. I would hightly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with their family to this area.

2  Thank TravelingMom014
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We stayed here because it was very close (4miles) to Sesame Place. We got a 1 BR suite and the room was clean, it had a small kitchen with dishes, etc. stove, diswasher, fridge, and pullout couch, 2 flat screen tvs. The staff was nice, I requested extra towels and got them very quickly. the pool was clean and had lots of chairs. The breakfast in the am was perfect, they had something for everyone and lots of healty options, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, fresh fruit as well as bagels, make your own waffles, eggs, toast, etc. The common area was large and inviting. There were lots of families as well as business travelers since it is located in a corporate park and is right off the highway. Highly recommend!