“Good hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yardley
boston
“Good hotel”
Reviewed March 16, 2010

We stayed at this hotel recently while driving home up the East Coast. It was a decent hotel. The man at the front desk was very helpful and easy to work with.
The hotel was a decent hotel. It was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed December 29, 2009

My fiance and I just stayed at the Hampton Inn in Newtown/Yardley while visiting my family for Christmas. We stayed four nights and overall it was good.

Our room had a king size bed, small sofa, desk, free wifi and flat screen TV. It was an average size and was clean and comfortable. Our TV was not working for the first 2 days of our stay which was quite a disappointment. After 2 requests, it was finally fixed for the 3rd and 4th days. One other negative was the lack of a refrigerator in the room.

The lobby was very cozy and the daily breakfast was a nice amenity. We also really enjoyed the free wifi in the room.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would likely stay here again due to the convenient location.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
maryland
Reviewed November 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn Newtown/Yardley. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful with directions, restaurant suggestions etc.
Our room was very large and spotless. We liked the fresh cut up fruit and yogurt for breakfast and the biscuits. There were additional selections as well. The eating area was in a large, airy atrium. Cookies were served in the evening. There were two computers and printers for guests available at no charge. The hotel is conveniently located to Princeton. We also visited the former Charles A. Lindbergh Jr. estate, now the Albert Elias Residential Group Center at Highfields. Tours may be arranged [--].

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Greensburg, PA
Reviewed September 2, 2009

We stayed in a suite and it was gorgeous. I am hard to please so when I state it is clean it is clean.

Bkfst was the usual round eggs and sausage patties. They also had cereals and muffins. It was very crowded but the bkfst help kept everything filled as fast as she could. When a hotel is so close to Sesame Place, it can't help but be extremely busy at bkfst.

We will defintely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed August 14, 2009

We stayed here a few weeks ago while in town for a 2 day trip to Sesame. We loved the hotel. I am a little picky and a total clean freak. The place was totally immaculate, modern and exceeded our expectations. We were a little worried after reading some bad reviews. Reviews says it is located in an industrial park but I would not call it industrial. It is in the back of an office building complex. It seemed like a nice area with all business people. I was worried after reading the review about the guy who had his car broken into. We had a huge room on the business floor. The room was huge and bigger than we needed but we wanted the separate bedroom because our baby only falls asleep when in a separate room with the door closed. The room had a huge kitchen with a fullsize fridge and a dining table big enough for me to serve Thanksgiving dinner to my family. The living room area was also big with a pullout couch. The bedroom had a king bed which was super comfy and the bathroom was clean and nice with granite counter. There is a Dunkin Donuts a few steps out the front door. We had the breakfast at the hotel and it was okay. There is no kitchen but they have a staff member who prepares the breakfast every morning. The area was clean and it looked like everything was prepared in a back room in a microwave. I had a yogurt and coffee but there was a lot of food out including cereal, fruit, danish and some sternos with biscuits, sausage and eggs. The eggs looked like a little egg patty that you see on an egg sandwich at a fast food place. I know the eggs get bad reviews and I am not an egg eater but my son loved them and had 3 little egg patties. In the lobby there is a little store area with snacks, fruit, water, soda, etc. We would definately stay here again and recommend the hotel. It was a real short drive from Sesame and was clean and comfy. The only recommedation I have is to call ahead and have the front desk give you driving directions because for some reason the mapquest and navigation directions were not totally correct. I had called ahead and got the directions after reading this was a concern and the direction I rec'd over the phone were the correct ones.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Mount Olive, New Jersey
Reviewed May 31, 2009

The Hampton Inn Newtown was perfect for the wedding we attended in New Hope. The entire party was booked at the hotel, and we were greeted by friendly staff and clean rooms. The only problem with the room was that the shower curtain was slightly cracked, but not at all a problem. Location was great, and there is a Dunkin Donuts about 200 feet from the hotel entrance. It is located in a business park, so at night it is quiet. Breakfast was good, but the hot items did not look appetizing. The breakfast staff were not used to accommodating such a large amount of people, and we heard them complaining to each other. Otherwise, our stay was perfect for what we needed: rest after a great wedding.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
DC
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago and my car was broken into. The hotel basically just gave me some plastic and towels to clean up the glass out of my car so I could drive it to a local repair shop to have plastic put on it. The local repair shop was out of the side window glass so I had to drive home (2.5 hrs) with my drive window making a bunch of noise in my ear. The hotel did not even offer to comp the room for the night. They said they take no responsibility for anything. They do have signs in their parking lot saying something like 'park at your own risk' but the hotel does not have cameras or anything to watch over their customers' cars. Apparently even though the company claims to hospitable and they want you to have a great stay, how are you supposed to when you have to wonder whether your car will be broken into and items will be stolen from your car? Note: My car was one of the 3 broken into. It makes me wonder how safe and often these things happen at this hotel. I will never stay there ever again. And if I have to option to stay some place other than a Hilton brand hotel, I definitely will. They have no regard for their customers.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank luci729
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yardley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
The Temperance House Inn

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown? Share your experiences!