“The continental breakfast keeps me coming back.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yardley
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The location is right off the highway close to my mothers residence. Service is prompt and friendly. Has an outdoor pool, very small excerise room and a large selection for continental breakfast. Always stay there.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Comfortable, quiet property. Friendly service. The fewest TV channels we have found at any hotel in our month on the road. I would recommend it unless you are looking for a more urban area with more services, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband, 2.5 year old and I stayed here last night as we visited Sesame Place all day yesterday. The hotel is close enough to the park where having to drive back and forth for nap times and clothes changing is not a problem but far enough away so that you aren't stuck in all of the park traffic. The hotel staff was so incredible accommodating - no problem checking in early as requested and calls requesting extra pillow and a cot were readily accommodated. The room was a great deal so we weren't expecting much - we were so pleasantly surprised! Extremely spacious, full sized fridge, micro and dishwasher!! two flat screen tvs and a separate jacuzzi in the master bedroom. Impeccibly clean (white!)and comfortable bedding and great room darkening shades (my son slept til almost 8:45 this morning!) It was quiet at night too! Complimentary breakfast was not your run of the mill "boxed cereals and bagels" gig but rather southwest omlets and home fries, do-it-yourself waffles (2 machines), an array of fresh cereals and oatmeals, fresh pastries (one actually crumbled in my husbands hand as he tried carrying it out to the car with our bags), breads and bagels. Fresh fruit, fruit salad, an array of freshly brewed coffes, multiple teas to pick from and 3-4 different types of juice. We were very impressed! The poil area was great too. just big enough with 3 and 5 foot deep areas and plenty of lounge chairs. the staff was out several times cleaning a straighteig the area while I was out there. lobby is beautiful, staff is friendly, public bathrooms are well kept. even free newspapers on hand! we will def be back next time we are sesame bound!!

Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at a Hilton Garden in 30 miles up the road and then at the Hampton for two more nights. For the money, the HGI blew away the Hampton. The beds in the Hampton were tiny!! Two kids would have trouble sleeping in these "double" beds. The buffet is free, so you get what you pay for....but very forgettable. I wouldn't stay there again. I'd opt for the HGI or Courtyard Marriott.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is a very nice, clean, convenient hotel to Sesame Place. We had a one bedroom suite which was spacious for the three of us. The front desk was very helpful with anything we needed. The hot breakfast was good and very convenient before heading out. A few more tables would be helpful for the breakfast area as there were not enough 3+ tables. The pool was very clean and not too busy. The town of Newtown was convenient and had nice restaurants and shopping. We would would definitely return to this hotel and also recommend it to friends traveling to this area. Only complaint would be the sofabed needs to be replaced as the mattress was paper thin and only a small child would be able to sleep on it.

Room Tip: great place for visiting Sesame Place as you could go back for kids naps and still have plenty of ti...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I spent a lot if time looking for the best hotel for our visit to Sesame Place. Definitely made the best choice with this one! Nice, spacious, clean rooms (though it would have been nice to have an option of two queens vs doubles). Great breakfast in the nicest breakfast room we've ever been in! My husband and son even tried out the pool-- it was a good size and also very clean. There isn't a shuttle, so you do have to pay for parking. However, the room rate was lower than most of the places that were closer to the park.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I booked two King bed with Sofabed rooms for one night with my HHonors points at this hotel. It was two adults and one child in each room. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to Sesame Place and Philadelphia. My family and I arrived early and tried to check-in at 11am but since they were fully booked the night before we would have to come back later in the afternoon. After a day trip to Philly we came back at 8pm and check-in was very smooth. They honored my request for adjacent rooms away from the elevator. I requested a crib for the room but they gave us a playpen instead. It wasn't a problem because we decided not to use one anyway. It was my daughters first stay in a hotel and she slept through the night on the king bed with us.

The room was everything I expected from a Hampton Inn. A comfortable bed, clean room, and a fair amount of space. The room even had a microwave and refrigerator which I wasn't expecting. Wifi is included and I had no connectivity issues.

Breakfast was good. You can make your own waffles. Their warm food included ham and cheese omelets. There is a variety of cereal and pastries to choose from. We found no problems finding seating for the six of us at 8am on a Sunday. There are plenty of high chairs to go around for those with little ones.

One tip. The signage to the hotel is so small that it is hard to see from the street. When you turn onto Stony Hill Road all you are able to see are corporate buildings. The hotel isn't visible from Stony Hill Road but you should make the first left into the first parking lot you see. The hotel is at the very end of the lot.

This has been my forth stay at a Hampton Inn and it will continue to be my choice for a family friendly hotel without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yardley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown? Share your experiences!