“Hampton Inn comes through again”

Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yardley
New Jersey
“Hampton Inn comes through again”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I booked two King bed with Sofabed rooms for one night with my HHonors points at this hotel. It was two adults and one child in each room. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to Sesame Place and Philadelphia. My family and I arrived early and tried to check-in at 11am but since they were fully booked the night before we would have to come back later in the afternoon. After a day trip to Philly we came back at 8pm and check-in was very smooth. They honored my request for adjacent rooms away from the elevator. I requested a crib for the room but they gave us a playpen instead. It wasn't a problem because we decided not to use one anyway. It was my daughters first stay in a hotel and she slept through the night on the king bed with us.

The room was everything I expected from a Hampton Inn. A comfortable bed, clean room, and a fair amount of space. The room even had a microwave and refrigerator which I wasn't expecting. Wifi is included and I had no connectivity issues.

Breakfast was good. You can make your own waffles. Their warm food included ham and cheese omelets. There is a variety of cereal and pastries to choose from. We found no problems finding seating for the six of us at 8am on a Sunday. There are plenty of high chairs to go around for those with little ones.

One tip. The signage to the hotel is so small that it is hard to see from the street. When you turn onto Stony Hill Road all you are able to see are corporate buildings. The hotel isn't visible from Stony Hill Road but you should make the first left into the first parking lot you see. The hotel is at the very end of the lot.

This has been my forth stay at a Hampton Inn and it will continue to be my choice for a family friendly hotel without breaking the bank.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
NEW JERSEY
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here during a softball showcase and this place is clean and has a great breakfast!! The staff was very professional !! GREAT PLACE!!! And also has a great dunkin donuts rite in the parking lot the kids could walk there safely !!!

• Stayed July 2012
Long Island, NY
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Bucks County. The hotel is well maintained, clean, reasonably priced with the AAA discount and offered a decent free breakfest. There is also a Dunkin Donuts located in in the adjoining parking lot.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bristow
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was there with a lacrosse team over the weekend. The room was great, everything was updated. Breakfast was free, and the attendants kept a watchful eye on the supplies, constantly setting out new items. The great room in the center of the building was a great hang out for the kids and adults to do pizza and beverages--plenty of room us and a girls softball team. Lot of fun.

No offense to Yardley, but the hotel is in a business park that is surrounded by corn fields. There's not much around there, and you have a to travel a couple of miles to find even a gas station. There's a Duncan Donuts right across the parking lot, which is a plus, but that's it. Getting into Trenton is about a 10-15 minute drive in the weekend morning and evening hours.

We attempted to get the staff to allow us to let us store a team-size order of wings there and then heat them up when the team returned. They refused, citing health-code and setup issues. We weren't thrilled with the response, as they didn't go out of their way to solve a problem. However, I suppose it might have been different had we prearranged it--and paid a fee. No hard feelings.

All in all, a good stay.

Room Tip: Make sure the location matches up with your destination. There's no direct route into Trenton...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We came here with family for Sesame Place down the street, I was really impressed with the hotel room. There were no signs of bed bugs and in fact the room was very clean. The continental breakfast was great too with eggs and waffles as an option. I would definitely come here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
California
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I'm usually very fond of Hampton Inns, but I'll explain why I was debating over just a 3 or 4 for this stay. The room was clean and comfortable, but seemed a bit plain. That's usually fine for me, but I also did notice that the walls don't have very good sound insulation here. For example, I can clearly hear the person next door using the restroom at 2:00am, and other times I can clearly hear the person snoring away next door. Also, the standard price of this hotel is a bit high for not being near very much. The good part though is that if you're here for an extended stay, the front desk will tell you to contact their sales department to work out a lower rate.

Everything else is good like all Hampton Inns. They provide a complimentary hot breakfast with a decent food selection. The front desk staff is very nice. And finally, the beds at Hampton Inn are still the most comfortable. Due to these things, I will still give this Hampton Inn a 4 star review.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here because we were visiting Sesame Place. Bed was comfortable (absolutely no sign of bed bugs in our room), room was large and clean and the breakfast was certainly good enough to have us leave with full bellies in the morning. The staff was a little less than friendly but we're courteous, so that was fine with me. It was only about a 5-6 minute drive to the theme park, as well. Overall, we're pretty happy with the stay and will likely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yardley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
The Temperance House Inn
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
The Brick Hotel
The Brick Hotel
#3 of 3 in Newtown

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown? Share your experiences!