“Great location for Sesame Place.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yardley
Newburgh, New York
“Great location for Sesame Place.”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Decent hotel very close to Sesame Place. The free breakfast wasn't great so I wouldn't let that weigh too heavy into your decision. I would stay again but would skip the free breakfast and find something to eat nearby. The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. One of the outside doors at the end of our hallway didn't lock at night so safety might be a concern although we didn't have any problems.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
South Windsor, CT
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We stayed here for a visit to sesame place but were very disappointed with the hotel. The staff was not friendly but the worst was the room. The room had a very bad smell and really needed some maintenance attention. We will return to sesame place but will stay at a different hotel even though I have points with them.

Massachusetts
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites during our trip to Sesame Place in August 2011. We had a very nice. The hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed in a suite (3 adults & 1 child) and it was very spacious. We had a kitchette and full size refrigerator. The pool was ok, nothing spectacular, but clean and well maintained.

The free breakfast was amazing. If you are used the the standard free "continental" breakfast you are in for a pleasant surprise. We all really enjoyed the breakfast (my hubby especially liked the free coffee!). There were different hot options each day, usually an egg option (omlet, scrambled, hard boiled) and a meat option (bacon, ham, sausage), and then french toast or pancakes. There was also a waffle maker, and lots of "cold" breakfast items. Fruit, yogurt, cereal, muffins, danish, bagels & bread, juice, milk, coffee & tea. Really impressive.

The hotel is located within a "business park" so it was a little tricky at first to find it. While there is nothing in the "immediate" area, within such a short drive there is anything you could need. The front desk provided us with a list of area grocery stores, as well as Target and Walmart, and with the GPS we had no trouble finding what we needed.

It is just a quick ride to Sesame Place, took maybe 10 mintutes to get there. Very convenient.

All in all, it was a great stay for a great price. Would definately stay there again and recommend it.

New York
Reviewed January 2, 2012

As others have noted, this hotel is a little hard to find and there isn't much immediately around the hotel. There is a Dunkin' Donuts across the street though, which is convenient. We stayed here for a visit to Sesame Place. The check-in experience started off on the wrong foot -- we arrived at 2:10 pm only to be turned away because the front desk insisted that check-in was only available at 3:00 pm. I've stayed at many Hampton Inns before and have always been able to check-in before 3:00 pm. Nonetheless, once 3 pm rolled around, we were able to check-in without a problem. Our hotel room was clean, decent size -- just what you expect from a Hampton Inn. The breakfast is also a Hampton Inn standard, nothing fancy, but their dining room is in a gorgeous high-ceiling room. Overall, convenient place to stay if you are going to Sesame Place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
upstate NY
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We had a nice stay here. It was not too far of a drive from Sesame Place, and we liked that it was away from the park and the crowds of people. It is not really near anything you can walk to, as it is in the middle of a business park. But you can drive to Newtown center in less than 10 minutes which has some shops and restaurants. The pool is a bit small but it was nice that they had one there. The breakfast was great and works well for families. The one issue we had is that you could easily hear noise and there was a wedding party staying there that was up late and making a lot of noise in the halls/rooms. I would stay here again, though, if going to Sesame Place.

Durham
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We stayed over thanksgiving to be with family we were a bit worried about the hotel initially but our fears were not at all realised. The rooms were a nice size, very clean with everything we needed. I was particularly impressed by the fridge but we did have to unplug it at night as it was a bit noisy. No faults to report really quite impressed

Room Tip: all seemed much the same
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed November 5, 2011

My six year old son and I stayed here back in early October for two nights to go to Sesame Place. It was about 10 minutes away.

First off, the hotel was very difficult to locate even with the GPS. They do not tell you that it is inside a corporate park, and at night, the sign is not even bright enough to see. Plus the GPS takes you to someone's house!!!! They should note this on their website and when making a reservation. My friends who met me there, had the same issue. It was dark when I arrived and I was so lost!

The front desk staff was very friendly. Although, once again, as a Hilton Gold Member, I was not welcomed as one. The staff around the hotel was friendly and helpful. The rooms were super clean and very comfy!

The major issue with this hotel at the time of our stay was that there was a girls softball team staying here, I guess they had some big game in the area. Them and their families practically took over the entire hotel! In the evening, they took over the lobby with food they had catered there. In the morning, the took over the entire breakfast area when half of them were done eating. My son and I had no place to sit and eat, that we actually had to go across the way to Dunkin Donuts to eat. At night, the noise was out of control with doors slamming and people roaming the halls at all hours.

I did express my complaints to the front desk and the lady apologized to me. Of course it is not the hotels fault, however, management should use discretion when booking large groups like that and realize that it's not a Hilton or an Embassy Suites that can accommodate so many people. These people took over the common area's forcing my son and I not to be able to enjoy the beautiful lobby at night or the wonderful breakfast in the morning. I did contact the manager the next day and he felt terrible and did refund me the money for my two nights!

I would however recommend this hotel. It is beautiful and clean! Just be sure there is no softball party going on when you book it and get clear directions. We do plan to come back to it next year when we return to Sesame Place!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yardley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
The Temperance House Inn
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Langhorne
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown? Share your experiences!