“It doesn't get any better.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Endwell, New York
“It doesn't get any better.”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were in town for the Jimmy and the Parrots Christmas in the Caribbean show and many Parrotheads stayed here. From the time we arrived to the time we left, everything exceeded expectations. Tanya, at the front desk, was so nice and helpful with my many questions. Mindy, in the restaraunt was a great server/waitress. Stan made me a great omlet. The rooms are big and homey. This was the best place I have ever stayed! We will stay here next year when we come back for the show. Thank you Tanya, Mindy and Stan for a wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: Room 404 is the room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
cpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thanks for your response on TripAdvisor. We are proud to serve the Parrotheads ( a great organization that has two great missions. 1 fundraising for non profits in the Berks County and 2 party.
Thanks for allowing is to participate in your fundraising and party. I will make sure Tanya, Mindy and Stanley get to read your response and to celebrate a job well done at the Crowne Plaza ... Where we make dreams come true.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Lakeland, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great location with lots to do near by. The business services are great and the people and service of the hotel are also great. I' travel all the time and look forward to my stays I here. The tower is the best other rooms are average.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your kind words . We are pleased that you were able to enjoy all the benefits of staying in a full service hotel and also enjoy our great location that is close to anything you would need or want when traveling for business or pleasure.
We have many new rooms on the wings that are as great as the tower rooms . Give me a call next time you are coming to our hotel and I will make sure you given a great room that will contribute to a successful day and stay for you.
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Paul and Stan are masters of the omelet and help to be part of the start of my day when I'm traveling to Reading. Their wonderful cooking skills are dually complimented by stellar table service by Amanda and this most recent trip included Erin as well greeting me with a smile and my morning diet coke.
I can't recommend the hotel enough. With staff like this starting your day you are ready to conquer the world...or at least ready to scrape the windshield before heading to the office.
-m

• Stayed December 2012
cpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thnk you for the great review on TripAdvisor,I will share this with all our staff so we all can celebrate the great heart connections and fantastic service of Chef Paul, Chef Stanley, Amanda and Erin. We are all committed to contribute to a successful trip to you and all our guests.We look forward to your return....see you at breakfast!
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just completed my second stay in two months and my first set of stays since the property changed from being a Sheraton to a Crowne Plaza. The staff couldn't be nicer and the gentleman who cooks the breakfast omelettes couldn't do more to make you happy. It is so clear he loves what he does. My experience with the sleeping room interior was not as positive. Booked the identical type of 'king' room for each stay. The first time the room was comfortably sized and well appointed with a actual king size bed and mattress of relatively new vintage. The room was deep enough that the dresser was not situated at the foot of the bed. On My most recent stay this Thanksgiving, the sleeping room was a disappointment. Despite the hotel being almost empty, we were placed in a smaller room on the New York corridor (the original stay was on the Paris? Milan? Corridor - straight past the dining area ). The room was small with a bottleneck created by the dresser needing to be at the foot of the bed. The bed was a queen-size, not the King that was booked. If you sat at the foot of the bed, the whole mattress tilted up from the other end like a see-saw. There was no lighted (or any) make-mirror, hair dryer or even a robe hook in the bathroom (all three present in my previous stay) I did finally find a hair dryer hanging in a bag in the clothes closet when packing to leave. I understand that not every room can be a identical, but a King should be a King and if the hotel is empty, as it was over Thanksgiving, rooms should not be assigned off the bottom, especially to priority club members. If I ever rebook at this property, it will be for the nice folks who manage the breakfast service and not for the sleeping accommodations which are clearly a crap-shoot

• Stayed November 2012
CrownePlazaReading, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for comments on trip advisor and your compliments of a great staff and especially a great breakfast experience with our Chef Paul. I will make sure all these positive comments will be shared with our staff and Paul..
We are sorry for the problem with the missing Vanity mirror and the missing robe hook on the bathroom door. We are going through all our rooms in the New York wing to find this room to get to this corrected. This should have been caught by our housekeeping staf and we are bringing this to their attention.
Next time you come to Reading please call me and I will personnaly check to make sure you get a larger room.(all our rooms except 8 rooms are larger than typical rooms from other hotels) and it appears , without knowing what room you stayed in, that you got one of the 8 smaller rooms.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This past weekend was the best time ever at Crowne Plaza! By popular demand, our annual Girlfriend's Getaway group returned to this hotel. We were not let down! Though this hotel seems to always be full, there is no lack of excellent service and accommodations. I was personally greeted by the general manager twice. He wanted to make sure everything was going well. As usual, the breakfast buffet with omelet station was the best. As if that was not enough, we enjoyed personal service beyond compare from Kasey. Kasey not only shuttled our entire group to and from our spa appointments, but made himself available to take us to nearby restaurants and shopping. This was particularly valuable to me, as I have recently had foot surgery and thought I would not be able to visit my favorite spots like the Farmer's Market, restaurants and stores. He was so pleasant and accommodating. He made my trip everything I had hoped it would be. Also, as usual, Eric treated us like royalty! He even put together a special dinner theatre for us. We dined sumptuously on the hotel's prime rib and gigantic shrimp and enjoyed our entertainment. There is no place in Reading to stay but the Crowne!

Room Tip: Rooms are away from dining and bar. Rooms away from vending machines best.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Japonica1
CrownePlazaReading, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
What a great time !! We love you and your group of ladies .Spending time at the Amish market is a special treat we all enjoy and hope others who stay here will take advantage of like you.
I will share your comments with Paul and Stanley from our breakfast crew and with Kasey, Eric and Bobbie.
We will have more special surprises planned for your next Girl Friend Get Away Weekend. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are Thankful for you.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have had a Girlfriends Getaway at this hotel for the last 3 years and the hotel and staff have been wonderful each year. They make you feel so special and go out of their way to accommodate you. I so appreciate Sheila, Eric and Bobby for all of their efforts.
Thank you all so much.
If the Lord is willing, we'll see you next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Than you Gina,
After 3 years we might want to start calling this a Family reunion as you have all become more like family to us. We are already planning on new surprises when you return next year. (just like we would we do for our own families)
I will share this Bobby, Eric and Sheila ...they will pleased that made your stay special.
See you soon
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We just hosted my mothers 50th Birthday at the Crowne Plaza/ Goodnights Lounge and booked an overnight stay for my parents.... the service was awesome, from the time we checked them in, preparing and holding the party, through to the end of the night! Hilary in the bar is wonderful! She made sure the party went perfect and my mother had a great time! It couldn't have gone any better! Thank everyone at the Crowne Plaza for your fantastic service!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CrownePlazaReading, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thanks Tiffanie,
We are pleased that you picked the Crowne Plaza to celebrate and make memorable moments for your Moms 50th Birthday. Hillary was so excited that night for you and your mom that one would think that she was a relative or sister. Thanks again and tell your mom Happy Birthday from all of us at the Crowne Plaza Reading.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Inn at Reading
Inn at Reading
#5 of 7 in Wyomissing

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading? Share your experiences!