“Very Pleased”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
PA
“Very Pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

This Hotel has a friendly and very helpful staff. They could not do enough for you.
Stayed in the Tower. Rooms very nice and enjoyed the pampering in the 5th floor Lounge.Great view too.
The Breakfast in Prime was really good.
The pool & out side court yard is a nice place to unwind in the evening. Very nice gardens with seating areas.
I like a full service Hotel and I believe this is the only one in the Reading area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
cpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Thanks Orsley,
We are pleased that you had great full service hotel experience. We are proud of 5 th floor VIP lounge but we are even more proud of Ellen ( the lady whom pampered you) I will be sure to relay this to message to Ellen. My wife is the outside gardner and I will also tell her how you were pleased with hard work. I promise you this will put a smile on their faces. We are looking forward to your return and a excited to give you the full service treatment and experience.One thing for sure is that when you stay with us you have space to adventure and never have that cramped in feeling that some hotels offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Randallstown, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Overall my stay at Crown was very good. Didn't like that last year, rental for refrigerator was $5, this year increased to $15/night. Better than last year, they had trouble with the Air Condition, but this year was much better.

Enjoyed the Friday night pool party, happy hour. And this was the first time I used the exercise room, very pleasant.

Room Tip: Stayed at Crown for past 2 years. Mostly enjoyed, but Breakfast could have be much better.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CrownePlazaReading, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thanks LouAna,
We are so pleased that you recognized all the improvements we made in the last year and that you were able to enjoy some of our full service benifits when staying in a full service hotel. We took your advice on your groups private buffet and incorporated items we use on our restaurants best items. I think you will be very pleased next year when you return to your convention in Reading. Thanks for posting on TripAdvisor.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I was staying hear and I paid cash at check in and the next day they came back and made me pay a additional fee. When I questioned the the hotel manager got very rude and still made me pay to Tobago my stay. I had no choice but to pay since in was 11:00 pm and my wife and daughter were already set in the room.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank mcconnell548
IHGCare, IHGCare at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear mcconnell548,

Thank you for taking the time to write us your feedback. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lakeland, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

The folks at the Crowne are the best. We have spent many weeks in Reading over the last two years, with dozens of people. They have been accommodating and helpful at every turn. The facilities are great, the bar is has some great events and if you want to eat in house the food is good. As usual it is the people who make the difference.

Thanks

Room Tip: Tower rooms are much better than the first floor rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was asked to go to America to work for a bank that was owned by the same Spanish umbrella bank as i work for.

When told where in America i was going it was unfamiliar to me.

Check in was effortless, my room was located on the ground floor for the first two weeks, then up in the Crowne tower for the final two weeks.

Breakfast buffet was plentiful. Lots of choice and even a friendly omelette chef on hand. The general manager was always around to ask how your morning was.

All staff were very friendly, extremely accommodating and would cater to your every whim.

The club "Goodnites" sold cheap decent beer, there were various theme nights every week. Including karaoke one night (for some reason i can't get "Mack the knife" out of my head), latin dancing another night.

The hotel was a pretty decent size, rooms were decent, especially on the floors above the ground.

Sign up to the loyalty scheme with IHG for a free spin on the wheel and win an upgrade, or a free movie or meal.

Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AndrewH30
Frederick, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

This was our first stay at the Crowne Plaza and even thought others people in our group had problems with some of the rooms-mold-we had not problem during our stay. The rooms were clean and modern and very spacious. They have free Hi-Fi in but you need to get a code otherwise will not be able to use. The staff was courteous enough and willing to accommodate your needs. Restaurant was OK, very small and not great looking but breakfast was good and had good choices. Dinner buffet was sparse and food was average and kind of cold so I would not raccomended. The place I liked most was the outside garden. They have some hamac but they were very uncomfortable but the "nest chairs" hanging from tree branches we're very relaxing and the all over atmosphere was very romantic and peaceable. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fioredificodindia
Darien, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I had a business trip recently in Reading Pennsylvania and was scheduled to stay at the Crowne Plaza in Wyomissing for five days. The hotel service and amenities were average but what really disappointed me was how I was essentially ignored by the general manager when my vehicle was involved in a 'hit and run' on the very first night I was there. After finding out that they had absolutely no cameras on the premises, I wanted to speak with him. I contacted the front desk and asked that they give him my information regarding the damage to my property. They did so on a Wednesday evening but I never heard from him before I left (on Friday). It was only after two additional attempts by email that he contacted me and instead of attempting to discuss the matter, he chose to forward my email directly to their in-house lawyer claiming that he could not help me with my matter.

If you are a large and frequent customer of the hotel, I recommend going as management has no problem plying you with free drinks and food but if something serious befalls you as it did me, forget it! Also, the area where the hotel is situated has its share of various crime as I later found out during my investigation. Total damage to vehicle was $3,800. I also had roughly $300 damage to my mountain bike for a total out of pocket expense of $800.

I have two more business trips to attend in the next twelve months in Reading Pennsylvania and I will not be staying there.

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying at the Crowne Plaza with current management (as of 6/30/12). If anyth...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Mike M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Mike M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. While it is very unfortunate you were a victim of a hit and run, It does sounds as though the hotel handed the concerns to the correct department.

We would like to follow up with you to find out what happen from here. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain your reservation information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Inn at Reading
Inn at Reading
#5 of 7 in Wyomissing

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading? Share your experiences!