“Interesting appetizers”

Dining options: Reservations
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“Interesting appetizers”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

we only had an appetizer ( stacked fries/ a little soggy for my liking) the night we visited. It was different and enormous. as were most of the plates that came out of the kitchen and passed our table.
there is an active bar scene, people appeared to be having a good time.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Retiredrn365
George Z, Owner at Willoughby's Bar and Grill, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thanks for visiting us at Willoughby's! yes, we do have some fun appetizers. Hopefully next time you can try some more out. Thanks again for the feedback! George

“Everything is amazing!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have been here several times with friends and everything has been amazing. The food is delicious, we have not had one single thing that we didn't like. The service is outstanding. Each time our waiter has been attentive, friendly, and helpful. We will definitely continue coming here.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank sheebes00
Thank you so much for your feedback and all your support! Next time ask for me, and I would love to meet you and personally thank you....see you soon. George
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was completely surprised two weeks ago when my wife and I ventured out to a new establishment for a "quick bite to eat", which was our first (of many to come) visits to Willoughby's. Being new to the area, I was surprised as I was simply expecting a typical "bar and grill" setting and typical "bar and grill" food. The atmosphere was great - a little on the dark/dim side which made it feel very classy. Service was phenomenal and the food was flawless - an EXCEPTIONAL menu, again, especially for a "bar and grill".

We stopped at the bar during our wait for a table to become available and then came my toughest decision of the day - which of the craft beers they have in both bottles and on draft to pick? The bartenders were professional, attentive and just all around great.

There was a wonderful variety on the food menu, from the 20-oz bone-in Ribeye I spotted and the Kobe prime beef meatloaf that I almost ordered, to very unique and distinct signature burgers and sandwiches and even notable dinner salads and pasta dishes. My wife and I were VERY pleased with our selections - I enjoyed their Steak Frites - 12 oz sirloin steak topped with melted gorgonzola and pepperoncini butter over fries while my wife enjoyed her Bruschetta Salmon that was panko-crusted and served with a pesto cream sauce - DELICIOUS!

Willoughby's is affordable and very family-friendly, too, as half of the restaurant was filled with families of all ages, and the other half which is the bar and pub area, was filled with a classy bar crowd. The patio had recently opened as well, and I look forward to bringing my family back and dining out there sometime soon!

Having worked in the restaurant industry some 10-15 years ago, I felt very compelled to ask to speak with the manager on duty to share my feedback. I then learned that Willoughby's Bar and Grill has a sister restaurant, The Hitching Post, not too far away from the Wyomissing area. So my wife and I decided to dine there this past weekend and can't wait to write my review for that restaurant! Hats off to the entire team! We look forward to joining you for dinner this weekend! Two hidden gems that my wife and I HIGHLY recommend! I can't wait for us to become "regulars" at both!

-Tom Weidenhammer

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Tom W
Queens, NY
“Was pleasant enough”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were staying at the Country Inn and Suites right across the street, so we could walk to this place, or Friendly's. We tried the pizza special, I had Fish and Chips, wife had Pasta, and son had normal pizza. No left overs, and we even split a couple fried Oreo cookies with ice cream deserts. Service was decent as it seemed a little crowded. We ate outside, as inside was a bit more of a bar atmosphere. Would certainly pick again over Friendly's.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank SomeNYCGuy
“Enjoyed our visit”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit. The waiter was very good ( sorry I forgot name) . Food was served fast and was very good. Dirty dishes are cleared quickly to. I will be returning . I would say give it a try and see for yourself.

1 Thank ziggy2528