“Good atmosphere with innovative food pairings and excellent beer offerings”

Building 24 Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #44 of 75 Restaurants in Wyomissing
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Raymond, Maine
“Good atmosphere with innovative food pairings and excellent beer offerings”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Building 24 is a very nice restaurant. There are multiple options for seating - bar, table round and booth. Each has a bit different feel to it. The menu is nicely varied. The beer selection is quite nice, with many options not usually found. The waitstaff was knowledgeable, pleasant and patient, offering to provide us tastings while we were making our beer selections. I started with a mixed green salad which was one would expect. I then had the duck breast special. The duck breast was nice prepared, but I feel it has a bit too much grizzle for the price point. The bourbon potatoes helped make up for this imperfection, though. They had a wonderful flavor that complimented the duck glaze perfectly. All in all, a very nice dinner.

• Visited February 2014

Reading, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Quality! Great Service! The place to be!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The service was second to none!!! The staff continues to make sure you are ok and having a great time! The food quality is outstanding! Yes, I had Mac 'n Cheese as my entree - amazing! My husbands steak - well done and just feel apart - fantastic! The others with us all enjoyed their meals and will be coming back. I will continue to visit Bldg 24 and always recommend to others!!! Great job to the entire team!

• Visited February 2014
Pennsylvania
“new menu, better quality food”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We have always liked Bldg 24 and Andy the bartender is great. But in the last 6-8 months we had a couple meals that were really not very good. So we were pleasantly surprised at a recent meal here with friends to find that they have a whole new menu and better quality food. Everyone in our group thought their particular dish was wonderful. The only complaint I had with my seafood stew was that the very large prawn was a bit overcooked. But everything else about it was great. They did keep a few favorites from the old menu, like the pomme frittes with arugula. We are very happy to see that they have stepped up their game and we will definitely be back soon!

• Visited January 2014
South East PA
“To me it is Bar with a Kitchen”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have eaten there twice. I am not impressed and basically underwhelmed. The atmosphere is trendy and it has a beautiful bar. I think it is a place to go, have a drink, and then perhaps some appetizers. Gourmet dining, I have not experience it. The food is just uneventful. I also question the turnover of food when my salad had dried out cucumbers on it. I would return to have drinks with friends, but not for dinner.

• Visited December 2013
“Poor service”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Went to see a show there. In order to have a guaranteed seat for the show, they require to reserve a table for dinner. 30 minutes after we were seated, we were finally able to flag a server to locate OUR server to place an order. Once we could finally do that, it took another hour until we finally received our food. Granted, our food was good but the service was terrible. If we had not been there for a show, we would have walked out.

Visited November 2013