“The satff were friendly, the pool big and inviting, and the breakfasts appetizing and tasty.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Reading

Inn at Reading
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

We stayed here for a few nights to visit family. We had an executive room so this wing of the inn is very quiet. We liked staying on the second floor, although a downside is that there is no elevator, so if you are elderly and infirm, it is a difficulty. The staff, although accommodating, seemed a little annoyed when we questioned our bill, which was not the same rate per night as quoted to us on the phone. That said, their computers were down at the time which could explain the confusion. Overall, the inn is close to restaurants and outlets, if that is what you are after. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

We booked thru priceline and were treated like second-class citizens. The front desk person, Shana, said you get what we give you. Arrived at 9 am hoping for a noontime check-in. Was not able to check in until 5 pm. Receptionist very nasty, unaccommodating and rude. Our car was also sideswiped by the vanity fair shuttle bus while parked in the hotel lot. Could not prove it, no witnesses. Hotel is old, old, old.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AcaArt
jstruppie, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, July 9, 2010
I am very distressed to hear of your unpleasant experience at our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff please accept my apologies for the reaction you recieved from our employee. We strive to make each guest feel welcome at each step of their visit. This is obviously a measure we did meet for you. Please be assured that your comments, no matter how unpleasant to us have been taken VERY seriously. We will strive to eliminate this issue through all means. I thank you for your honesty. I only hope that we once again get the opportunity to serve you, so that we can show you the real comforts of the Inn.

Travelers are raving about these Wyomissing hotels

Wooster, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

I'm not really sure where to start with this property. I stayed here for two nights in late April. I booked my room for a reasonable rate through priceline. All I can say is that it was an odd experience. I travel constantly for work, staying in well over one hundred hotel rooms a year. This was the first room I've EVER stayed in that didn't have an air conditioner in the room. I was shocked, especially since it was rated 2.5 star by priceline. I'm one of the types that sleeps in the bitter, freezing cold, occasionally putting the AC on in the winter even. I did not sleep well at the property. It was not the bed's fault, it was a very comfy bed, my room was just too warm. The free wireless "slow speed" internet was unreliable, but I have a verizon aircard, so that was not a problem for me.

The hotel itself is older, but fairly well taken care of. The grounds are well kept and clean, as were the rooms. The hotel itself is huge, and has possibly the most confusing layout I have ever seen in a hotel. Trying to get from my room to anywhere was mind boggling, and took several minutes of walking. The entire hotel has interior corridor rooms that are in several different "wings" that are all interconnected by passageways. The clientele ranged from uptight businessman to unkempt drifters. The majority were the businessmen, as the hotel hosts many large functions and has a large restaurant/bar/meeting room area.

I have very few complaints about the bar and restaurant. It was affordable, and you got plenty for what you paid for. At happy hour the second night, I got three beers and an appetizer for ten dollars.

I had a few odd run-in's with random staff too. Although the great majority of the staff were great, friendly and eager to help, I witnessed a few bad mouthing some of the hotel guests behind their back after they had left the front desk. I found that to be pretty unprofessional.

After it is all said and done, I think if I would have had an air conditioner, I would have definitely rated this place higher.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
jstruppie, Jeff Strupp General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, April 30, 2010
Thank you for your remarks. I value & utilize all our guests comments to better our service & facilities. Your comments are certainly valid remarks, it appears that we must strive to better explain and assist our guests with the operation of the heating & cooling systems in each room. We certainly will use all of your comments in our ongoing training process improve our guest communicaion & professionalism. Again thank you and we look forward to hosting you again.
Reading, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

Our company has held over 20 events at this property over the past 4 years and we could not say anything besides praise. If you are looking for a place where the customer is #1, ALWAYS, then this is your place. The general Manager, directors of sales, banquets, catering, housekeeping, etc are the best that we have found in the industry. We have worked with hotels all around the country and we are always so happy to return to the Inn. If you are interested in being spoiled during a business meeting or personal vacation, at a very affordable price, The Inn at Reading is the perfect spot!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You for your kind comments. It is absolutely our pleasure to host your events. It not only affords us the opportunity to interact with all of your wonderful attendees, but also provides us with consistant, relevent feedback on our service, facilities & operations. This is vital information we need to constantly improve ourselves. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you, our staff truly embraces this opportunity to be a part of your events. We look forward to a long & mutually beneficial relationship.
downingtown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2010

The staff are friendly, courteous, helpful and professional. The Inn is clean and quaint.
Feels warm and friendly from the phone call for reservations to the end of the stay.
the Dining is good. We were there during a snow storm, and they helped my niece put together a wedding ceremony and reception in just a few hours because the venue for her event cancelled. I would recommend the Inn for a get-away for families or event planning.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jstruppie, Jeff Strupp General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, March 9, 2010
Thank You for your very kind remarks. On behalf of the entire staff it was a pleasure to make the day special for your niece in spite of the weather. We truly take pride in making our guests happy. It is commitment we hold in the highest regard.
Your comments are truly appreciated. We look forward to serving you again.
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

Stayed at the Inn at Reading for one night January 2010. Very pleasant experience. The hotel is not new, but is kept clean. Located in Wyomissing, very safe neighborhood, close to the Outlets and the Reading Hospital. Nice restaurant on premises. Free WiFi, nice bedding, clean bathroom with strong water pressure. No negatives.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank akory99
On behalf of the entire staff at the Inn we are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. We are committed to making each & every one of our guests feel as comfortable as if they were in their own home. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again.
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

My Aunt suggested the Inn for our family reunion. She lives in the nearby town of Fleetwood, it was very close to her and other family members that live in the Allentown and Lancaster areas, a central hub so to speak. My sister and a friend came in from Florida and I from california. It had been over 21 years since we had seen each other. The food was fantastic and our server Noreen was the best. I also want to recognise Wendy the Night Auditor and Erin the Front Desk Clerk for their helpfull, positive and cheerful personalities. We would happily stay there again and recommend the Inn to others as well. Best Regards, LM

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jstruppie, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, December 16, 2009
Thank you for comments. It is always a pleasure to have our staff recognized for their efforts. We truly strive to provide every guest with personalized, memorable Guest Service. Thank you for your recomendation & we look forward to serving you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!