“Mouse Trap in my room!! Ahhhh”
Review of Inn at Reading

Inn at Reading
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Tafton, PA
“Mouse Trap in my room!! Ahhhh”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Unbelievable - we arrived late in the evening. Bring everything in to the room,
Got ready for bed, hoped into bed and put on the tv. There under the dresser
Was a mouse trap. I spoke with Angelia at the front desk who said she would
Tell her manger ( which she went right in and did) and all we got was an apology.
We WILL NEVER stay there again and we have two sons who live in the area
And stay in that area frequently- this is definitely off the list.

Room Tip: Most folks in the dining room at breakfast has coupons; we did not So make sure you ask for them o...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KRNPa
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading, I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and that the issue with the trap was not handled better by our staff. I apologize for your experience and for not handling this situation better. This is something that I take extremely seriously and it should have never happened.

We have a professional pest control company that handles our entire property and if there is a report of a any kind of pest then the company is called out immediately. Even if there is no evidence of the pest; the company sometimes does a treatment as a precaution. The room is then taken out of order until after it is cleared by the pest control company. There was not any pest found in the room and it was cleared, however, the trap was mistakenly left under the dresser. I have addressed this already with the pest control company, maintenance department and housekeeping department to prevent this from ever happening again.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Always looking for a nicer place to stay where I can take my dog and not worry about smell or noise. The Inn at Reading did not disappoint. The room was big, the bed was super comfy, and parking was right outside the door. The biggest surprise was the restaurant. My boyfriend and I went for dinner one night and I ordered the Cobb Salad. It was gigantic and delicious. The next day I joked that I wanted to go back for another. This hotel was a great choice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your Valentine's weekend stay as well as our restaurant & Cobb Salad! I will make sure I share your comments with the rest of the staff.

Thanks again for staying at The Inn at Reading and we hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel is beautiful and offers great service. The place is big and have homely traditional look. We stayed for 1 night and did some shopping at the outlets. We enjoyed our stay. It is a clean place. We had a beautiful room with comfortable beds. The food and service was great in restaurant. The price was very reasonable. The staff was very courteous. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Reading.

Room Tip: Enjoyed long walk in hallway after dinner.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading we appreciate all of you feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was excellent from service to cleanliness to food quality. I will make sure that I share all of your comments with the rest of the staff.

Thank you again and we look forward to being able to serve you again on your next trip to the Reading area.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were having a family reunion/christmas party at the beginning of December and there were not many things that went well. After driving 4 hours we arrived at 3 pm and our hotel room was not ready. It had not been cleaned yet. We had to wait almost 2 hours until the room was finished begin cleaned. We were very worried because our Christmas party was to begin at 5 pm and we knew we weren't going to have time to get ready. We did receive and apology from the front desk representative, however they didn't offer a discount or even a coupon for breakfast. Our family went down to the banquet hall we had reserved and nothing was ready. They were in the process of only setting up the room! Linens weren't on the tables at this point. Our family dinner started an hour late. Again, we received no compensation.

The staff was friendly, but overall we were very disappointed with our overall experience.

Also, we requested a microwave upon making our hotel room reservations, and none was available once we were finally able to get into our room. When we called the front desk we were told we would have to pay an extra $10. We were never told this when making the reservation. However, we agreed to pay it and left for our family party. When we came back the microwave was still not there. We never received after making another phone call. This hotel never comes through!!!

Room Tip: We were placed all the way in the back of the hotel and we had to keep walking quite a distance from...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Vasey_K
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations. I truly appreciate your feedback and I have reviewed all of your comments with the other departments at The Inn at Reading. I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your comments, as some of the items do not match our agreements for the event. Please feel free to call me at (610) 372-7811.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading and I look forward to speaking with you.

Travelers are raving about these Wyomissing hotels

Big Run, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The people here are great. I came in with no reservation and was very honest about the fact that I had used booking.com to reserve a room for me and my mother at a hotel that turned out to be a place that should charge by the hour.

Watch out for pictures that are outdated when booking a room on line.

I have an anxiety disorder and I'm traveling with my mother who is disabled. We need to be in Reading for a week. I just paid for a hotel near the airport and was shocked at the quality for the price I had just paid. In addition is was so far away from any conveniences and offered nothing for it's guests.

I nearly had a panic attack when I Reading and after searching a few hotel prices in the neighbourhood the Inn at Reading did everything they could to accommodate my needs with a honest and fair price.

Now our stay is stress free and the staff here is wonderfully pleasant. I love the cleanliness of the rooms and lobby. The restaurant, exercise room and pool areas are perfect. I only wish it was July so we could go swimming. It's the Holiday season and this trip is financially stressful for us however necessary.

I am truly grateful to the hospitality of this hotel for offering a way to help and unexpected traveller.

If I ever need accommodations for the Reading area, I will not hesitate to utilize this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you and your mother were able to use and/or appreciate many of the amenities at The Inn at Reading.

Thank you again and we look forward to being able to serve you again on your next trip to Reading.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My overall experience at this hotel was very good and I recommend to the readers. I stayed for a night and enjoyed my stay. The place looks a little old but the sleeping room look new and spotless. The staff at the reception desk, tavern and maids were very courteous. I had quite a few requests and they were met in no time with courtsey. I also had dinner at the tavern and was happy with food quality and service. To my surprise it did not cost much. I had good sleep in a clean and comfortable room. Next morning, I had nice hot breakfast. This place met all my requirements and I will be back in spring.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that we were able to meet all of your requirements and that you found The Inn at Reading to be a good value. I will share all of your comments with the staff.

Thank again and we look forward to being able to serve you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!