“Best place to stay!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Montgomery, New York
“Best place to stay!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My fiance and I visited here a couple of years ago and I wish I had reviewed this place sooner. I wish I had found this place sooner too! We take a trip to Reading, PA every 2 years and usually stay at the Courtyard down the road. When we stayed at the Inn, we had a better time and more relaxed vacation than we had ever had. The staff were friendly and courteous. The guests were friendly and respectful. Our room was perfect, clean and close to the door by our parking lot. (We were given a room in the back on the opposite side of the pool). There was one complaint - there was one hallway that smelled like Mold but we also stayed (after what we were told) a problem after a heavy rainstorm caused a leak. But they were actively working on it. The breakfast was excellent, fresh and hot all morning. We played pool in the bar most of the nights we stayed and even met some friendly folk - including the bartender. The nachos were amazing! The future Mr. and I agreed that when we come to Reading again, we will Always stay at the Inn!

Room Tip: Pets are allowed!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be coming back to stay with us again during your next trip to the area. I appreciate all of your comments and I will make sure that I share them with the rest of the staff.

Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading and we look forward to being able to serve you and your fiance again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Last weekend , the hotel I wanted was sold out and I was told that the Inn at Reading has some rooms. It is not a franchised hotel and I walked-in with low level of expectation. The guy at the front desk greeted me with smile and great professionalism. I got a nice spacious clean room with comfortable bed. Then, I had a couple of drinks and very nice dinner at the tavern. The price was reasonable and service was excellent. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you so much for the comments. I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Our goal is to provide a great value and excellent service to all of our guests. I will share all of your comments with our staff at The Inn at Reading.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel for one night and I would suggest to the owners to refurbish their hotel especially the carpet. The hallways are very smelly it smells like a toilet overflowed in the hallways. The breakfast is not free on the weekends and the rooms do not come with a refrigerator /microwave, if you want this it is an extra ten dollars as well for a roll away bed. The hotel room was large but the furniture was old. The bathroom was recently patched up and the nicest part of the room. If you are use to quality this is not the place. In addition the rooms in my opinion is over priced. The buildings are not properly labeled since there are several different sections.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Thema2
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. I will review all of your concerns with the proper departments.You are correct in that we do charge for a Full Hot Buffet Breakfast on the weekend. Our Full Hot Buffet Breakfast includes Bacon and/or Sausage, Eggs, Fresh Waffles, Breakfast Potatoes, Fruit, and a wide variety of homemade fresh baked pastries, cakes and muffins as well as many other items. Also, Just for clarification, All of the wings in our hotel are identified and they are all connected by an interior central corridor, just as you would find in any other hotel.

Thanks again for staying at The Inn at Reading and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time that you are in the area.
Scotia, New York
Reviewed September 14, 2013

EVERY ONE couldn't do enough for us . we enjoyed our stay . I would highly recommend he Inn at Reading to all my friends.We stayed 5 nights . We went to Long wood Gardens and to the Wolf sanctuary in Littiz Pa.and Hamburg Pa. to Cabela's also to Intercourse Pa. to the Kitchen Kettle shop. The Inn at Reading was centrally located for needs.We ate several meals in the resturant and they were excellent. The staff was always professional. We visited the Inn several times and we will continue to do so.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Leonard k
Dear Valued Guests:
Happy 50th Anniversary! We appreciate your loyalty over the years and we can't wait to see you both again next year. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you had a chance to visit the area as well.

Congratulations again on 50 years of marriage and thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading.
DeBary, Florida
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were delighted by our experience with booking the Inn at Reading through Priceline. It was an added bonus to find a pet-friendly room, our dachshund enjoyed herself.

The accommodations were excellent and exceeded our expectations. Many thanks to Adam for making our check-in/check-out a breeze. Also, thanks to Derek who was our personal barkeep & tolerated our boring stories. Brad, the Bar Manager, also was a sport for keeping us company while we enjoyed our delicious dinner.

If we're ever in the Reading area again, would definitely like to visit the Inn again.

Sally & Frank Miller
DeBary Florida

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sally M
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you so much for all of your comments. I am glad to hear that you (and your dog) enjoyed your stay at The Inn at Reading. I have shared all of your comments with our staff. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading.
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was my first stay at the Inn at Reading and my experience from check-in to check-out was very satisfying. The room was clean and very spacious with a nice setting. The food/drinks was good at the bar. I had a quiet sleep on a comfortable bed. The breakfast was hot and had a good variety. The gym had sufficient equipment to burn out some calories. I did not try pool but did see many people enjoying it. Overall, the service was excellent with very friendly staff. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the service, quality of rooms and the food and beverages at the Publick House Restaurant & Tavern; as well as our other amenities.

I thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading and we all look forward to being able to serve you again in the future..
Budd Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were back for the second time this year and had the same experience as of the last time. This time we enjoyed the pool and had a romantic dinner at cabana bar near the pool. The food was excellent and the service was great. It was a busy weekend with a lot of happy people in a beautiful relaxing setting. Again, we found clean, comfortable hotel with friendly staff. Tim at the reception desk was awesome and offered to help us on anything we needed. We will be back again in winter.

Room Tip: Live music or DJ by the cabana bar will make more enjoyable
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary W
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying with us again at The Inn at Reading. We appreciate your feedback and your loyalty to The Inn at Reading. It is our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again soon. I will also be sure to share your comments with Tim.

Thanks again for staying at The Inn at Reading and for all of your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!